Shelton family

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hi!

      I'm interested in the Shelton line that a number of
      you have been discussing in the last few days. I'll
      take a shot and ask if any of you have traced this
      Shelton family into the TN, SC, GA area? I have a
      Shelton line on my dad's side that appears (!) to have
      originated in SC and earlier in VA. My line of this
      family ended up in Jackson County, IN. I'm not
      completely sure when they got there, but I do know
      that my 3rd gr grandmother, Sara Ann Shelton, was
      married in Jackson County, IN in 1846 to Nathaniel
      Dismore. Sarah had a brother named Henly who was born
      in SC in 1813. Sarah was born in either GA or TN in
      1824.

      Here is my family page url:
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.html

      Our work on this family is very limited and in its
      beginnings right now. I'm hoping I've got another
      Jackson County connection here!

      Robert Schneider
      Berkeley MO 63134