Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • marywinn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 15, 2000
      Hello Donna,

      We have Morris in our line. My mother in law (Mrs. Emma (Morris) Anderson)
      lives in Huntland on Johnson Avenue. We are in Florida.
      Regards,
      Mary Winn Anderson
    • J Casey
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 15, 2000
        Hi Donna:
        I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
        Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are from
        there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning, Dameron,
        Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders, Vann
        and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned. Will
        help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
        Thanks
        Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
          To Mary:

          Yup, Ms Emma lives down the street from me.
          (Mousie's and them's Momma)
          I am Magdalene Morris (now Sims) daughter.
          (Of the Charlie Lee & Lola Morris family.)

          Think Ms Emma's Daddy was my Papa's Uncle.

          small world....eh? <hehehee>

          donna

          ============>

          << ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

        • Dana0333@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
            to: Jewel

            Maybe we can cross paths soon, and trade some info.
            I'll work on try'n to make some copys.
            I'm easy to hunt up...<hehehee> All ya have to do is call the radio station
            in Winchester (WCDT) and I'm there 6dys a week.
            Wow...this is GREAT Ya'll ! I've never had so many "hits' on any other
            genealogy e'group as I have with ya'll.
            Thank yens alll so much!

            P.s
            Jewel, you may also be intrested to know Vannette Vann of the Western
            Cherokee Nation lives in Winchester and can be contacted at Sid's Trading
            Post and Taxidermy on the square in Winchester.
            She's been hunt'n her "eastern" kin folks.

            donna

            ==============>

            << ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
              Oops Jewel

              I ment Vannette is of the Vann family.
              (Vannette Turtle)

              sorry for oops.

              donna
            • vrfinley@myfamily.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                Hey, there!!

                I am a Graham. My father, grandfather, and great grandfather were born
                in (Holly Tree) Jackson County, Alabama. We are also kin to the Eustaces,
                Cresswells, and Padgetts there. We have our Eustace line all the way
                back to the Mayflower. We've not been as lucky with the others, especially
                the Grahams. Would be so happy to get more on any of these.

                Velma Graham Finley
                vrfinley@...

                --
                vrfinley@... - email

                ---- "J Casey" <jcasey@...> wrote:

                > Hi Donna:
                > I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
                > Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are
                > from
                > there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning,
                > Dameron,
                > Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders,
                > Vann
                > and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned.
                > Will
                > help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
                > Thanks
                > Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

                Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at http://www.MyFamily.com
              • Jim & Liz Boyd
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                  do you havea Robert Graham bn in Ireland married to Elizabeth
                  Daughter Eliz Jane Graham
                  FayettevilleTn later Madison Co Al ?
                  Eliza married John Huey 1842 Fayetteville Tn Then moved to Madison Co
                  Al
                  Jim Boyd

                • marywinn@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                    Small world indeed Donna!

                    We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I have
                    much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
                    Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
                    family than that.

                    regards,
                    Mary Winn Anderson
                  • marywinn@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                      Hi Again Donna,

                      Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
                      She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.

                      Regards,
                      Mary Winn Anderson
                    • J Casey
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                        Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                        brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                        Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                        the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                        William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                        of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                        sometimes late 1840's.
                        Thanks
                        Jewel
                        > Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
                        > She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Mary Winn Anderson

                      • J Casey
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                          OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
                          Jewel

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                            To: Mary Winn Anderson,

                            I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
                            Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
                            (Smith St.)
                            When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
                            BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
                            Green) will also be a good for for information.

                            donna

                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                              Hey Jewel,

                              My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
                              Cagle?

                              donna
                            • J Casey
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                                No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
                                near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
                                Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
                                attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
                                they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
                                Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
                                the connections now.

                              • marywinn@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                                  Thanks Donna, will do.
                                  Regards,
                                  Mary Winn
                                • Raymond Shirley
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                                    J Casey wrote:

                                    > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                                    > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                                    > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                                    > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                                    > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                                    > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                                    > sometimes late 1840's.
                                    > Thanks
                                    > Jewel

                                    I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                                    second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                                    Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                                    Ray Shirley
                                  • J Casey
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                                      Where did your Anderson family live?

                                    • marywinn@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                                        Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                                        Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                                        from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                                        I don't recognize your Andersons.

                                        Regards,
                                        Mary Winn Anderson