Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Reconstructed 1890 Jackson Co. Census??

  • jackie morgan
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 3, 2005
      I have seen something similar to what you want to do, Clay. It was done for Travis County, Texas.

      It does find a lot of information.

      That volume is called:
      1890 Travis County, Texas Census
      Uniquely Reconstructed
      and Annotated
      Part I
      Compiled by Mary C. Moody.

      Unfortunately it is not well indexed. But it does includes as reference:
      1890 Travis County, Texas Tax List
      1880 Travis County, Texas Federa Census
      1900 Travis County, Texas Federal Census
      City of Austin Cemetery Suste, Omter,emt Re[prt
      Travos Cpimtu 19th Century Pioneers
      1890 Special Census Schedules Texas Union Veterans & Widows
      Morrison & Fourny's General Directory of the City 1889-90
      List of Confederate Soldiers and Wives buried in that section of the State Cemetery.

      So with alot of help, you could do this for Jackson County!! But please index it better.

      Good Luck!!

      Joe&JaNelle Burt <jburt@...> wrote:
      Me too
      JaNelle

      On Oct 2, 2005, at 11:50 AM, meme1536 wrote:

      > Thanks Clay,
      >
      > I think this is a great idea and would be helpful to a lot of
      > researchers. Pooling all the information as a group would be a good
      > way to reconstruct the census for 1890.
      >
      > Louise Howard
      >
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
      > <blackcloud27030@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Has anyone made an attempt to reconstuct the 1890
      > > Jackson Co. Census using voter rolls, tax
      > > records, land records, church membership records
      > > and other records? Plus using the 1880 and 1900
      > > census of people on both?
      > >
      > > I think if not, that this would be a worthwhile
      > > project that myself and many other members of our
      > > group would be more than willing to help with and
      > > contribute to.
      > >
      > > Clay

      > American family home insurance
      > American family home insurance company
      > American family home owner insurance
      > Multi family home for sale
      > Single family home for sale
      > Family home finance
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > ▪  Visit your group "jacksongenealogy" on the web.
      > Service.

    • mary haynes
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 7, 2005
        Nancy: You can get a copy of the Fergusons & Finchers of Jackson Co., AL & beyond by ordering from me at: Mary Nell Haynes, 5985 Haysville Rd, Guston, KY 40142. It is $29.95 including packaging and postage. Thank you. M. Haynes, ibweevil@....

        nsiler504@... wrote:
        I am interested; how do I get a copy? nancy