Jackson County

  • MaryTom482@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 15, 2000
      First and foremost, I am so excited to find a group of Jackson County
      folks! I was born and raised in Stevenson. I lost both of my parents
      in the past two years and now am trying to do my geneology. I am
      trying to find any information on Alfred A. Willis 1852 and Samuel
      Willis 1803. Now I will be most anxious to get home from school today
      to see if I have Jackson County email. Many thanks Mary Tom Drew
    • Jpete75910@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2001
        I also have a lot of ancestors from Scottsboro and Jackson County and I
        would hate to see anybody leave this list or be banned. The lady said it was
        an accident and that should be enough. CASE CLOSED.
        I have made a few mistakes in my life,and with the good Lord's help, I hope
        to live long enough to make some more of them.
        Let's get on with this and look up all of them Teftellers, Clemens,
        Headricks, and Howells. And one Granddaughter in the house of Marion Howell
        in 1900 named Catherine Gamble or Campbell.

        James Peterson
        Texarkana, Arkansas

      • gregthomas
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 7, 2001
          Thanks James! It appears I am close to you. I live in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.

        • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
            Hello,

            Do any of you know when the Court House burned down?
            Do you know if any of the marriage and birth records were saved?
            ALSO HOW CAN I GET THIS DOCUMENTED?

            In God's Service
            Patricia Mills
            <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

          • Jeanette
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
              which state for this Jackson Co? I have info on all the court houses that
              burned?? Jenette.

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
                Thank you Regina, It would be nice if AL was in the heading, ha. My book
                does not say that Jackson Co burned, but the records are very short
                there.....something must have happened. Jeanette.

                At 10:49 AM 2/3/03 -0600, you wrote:
                >I would think they were talking about Jackson County, Alabama since this is
                >the Jackson County, Alabama web site. :-)
                >
                >Regina

              • Regina Pipes
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
                    When it was at Belfonte I think it burned. I know some of the records
                    were destroyed during the Civil War.

                    Thank you Regina, It would be nice if AL was in the heading, ha. My book
                    does not say that Jackson Co burned, but the records are very short
                    there.....something must have happened. Jeanette.

                    At 10:49 AM 2/3/03 -0600, you wrote:
                    >I would think they were talking about Jackson County, Alabama since this is
                    >the Jackson County, Alabama web site. :-)
                    >
                    >Regina

                    l/S=:HM/A=1392371/rand=849759328>

                  • herbert gullatt
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
                      The courthouse was burned during the Civil War. I don't know if the courthouse at Scotsboro was burned but all of Bellefonte ( the old county seat) was burned. It was said nothing was left standing but for a fence post. Two of my great-uncles entered claims for having their property burned at Bellefonte but received nothing.
                      There must be some records that were not burned because a cousin said she had see records in the basement of the Scotsboro courthouse with my gg-grandmother's signature (Catherine Gullatt). She died in 1861.
                      Also some records were at the state capital.
                      Contact: Ann B. Chambliss this site.
                      Clay Gullatt
                      cherokeeindian77@... wrote:Hello,

                      Do any of you know when the Court House burned down?
                      Do you know if any of the marriage and birth records were saved?
                      ALSO HOW CAN I GET THIS DOCUMENTED?

                      In God's Service
                      Patricia Mills
                      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>