Re: [jacksongenealogy] Location of Demopolis

  • jackie morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
      I know what you are talking about.

      When we lived in Bryan/College Station, I chased down a BRYAN. Couldn't find his grave but the city register for the cemetery SAID he was there, so I went back to the office.

      The clerk checked it and then said, "Honey, I don't this BRYAN IS yours" His death certificate says he black!!"

      I had wasted a whole morning walking that cemetery.

      Lesson learned.

      hugs,
      Jackie

      Nbmachu@... wrote:
      Thanks for sending clarification. No, nothing new on the Bryans. Spent
      today going over old, old notes and reading archived messages. I wish I could
      zero in on working on this family again. One question in my mind always is, as I
      read those e-messages, do you have any idea of which of the Bryans are white
      people and which are black? I think I could save a bunch of the little bit
      of time I have these days, if I had someway to skip the ones who are not white!
      Hope your Labor Day was good.
      Nancy