Re: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 1202

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 2:30 PM
      Thanks for the information. I did exactly as you said and it worked just
      fine. I don't like the idea that someone is recording or making note of
      everything that I do on the web.

      Anne

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:15:45 -0500
      From: "Cynthia Pugliese" <capugliese@...>
      Subject: yahoo website groups

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you
      are going similar to cookies. Yahoo is recording every website and
      every group you visit. Take a look at their updated privacy
      statement:

      1. http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy

      2. About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you will
      see a link that says web beacons. Click on the phrase web beacons.

      3. That will bring you to a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo
      Network." In this section you'll see a little "click here to opt out"
      link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.

      4. Once you have clicked that link, you are exempted.
      Notice the "Success" message on the top of the next page. Be careful
      because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if
      clicked, will *undo* the opt-out.

      Feel free to forward this to other groups.