Civil War Veterans and 1866 census

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13 10:26 AM
      There is a list online for the Confederate Veterans of the Civil War in Jackson County. I found it by using Google and writing in "confederate + veterans + civil war + "jackson county, alabama". I believe it is one of the first links that comes up.
      I also have found the 1866 census for Jackson Co. and do not remember if I found it on Ancestry.com or by using Google...but what I found was that it does not include all counties in AL...and it does not include Jackson County.. I will try to go back to see how I found it. Sharon

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13 12:12 PM
        What we are looking for is a list of Confederate
        Veterans who were KILLED during the Civil War.

        I have posted a link to info on the 1866 census
        and the various other census taken in AL and the
        MS Terr. that became AL.