Re: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 1185

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2005
      Charles, thank you so much for sending the website for the pictures of the
      veteran monument at the Jackson County Court House. I knew that I had
      relatives mentioned and that the monument was there, but have never seen it
      and it was a thrill to see such wonderful pictures! Two of my maternal
      Grandmother's brothers are mentioned on the monument...Ernest Webb in WWI
      and Tom Edd Webb in WWII. It was really special to see the monument, but
      especially special to see their names. Ernest died in France and Tom Edd
      died at Pearl Harbor. I am very grateful! My Grandmother was Cloe Webb,
      daughter of Charles Augustus Webb and Florence Morgan (daughter of John
      Malon Morgan and Margaret Snodgrass, all of Jackson County). She married
      Robert Annis Padgett (better known as R.A.), son of David Anderson Padgett
      and Maggie Louella Horton, daughter of Henry Hollis Horton and Anne
      Elizabeth Moore.

      Thank you again for such a special treat. If these are your pictures, would
      you be willing to email them to me? I give you my word that I would only
      use them for personal use in my genealogy scrapbook. I will certainly
      understand if you would rather not.

      Anne Rohr
      anner1463@...

      From: Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...>
      2. Re: Pictures of veteran monument at Jackson County Court House
      From: Linda Wilson <alstbrch@...>
      3. Re: Question about Mason records
      From: Vrgfdonna@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...>
      Subject: Pictures of veteran monument at Jackson County Court House

      Hope you enjoy. This is a monument at the Jackson County Court House listing
      soldiers who died in WWI, II, Korea, and Vietnam.

      http://mccutchentrace
      com/jackson_county/Pictures/Fallen%20Soldiers/html/index.htm

      The McCutchen Trace

      http://mccutchentrace.com

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Linda Wilson <alstbrch@...>

      Thanks. beautiful pictures of the veterns' monument
      Linda

    • Charles McCutchen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2005
        Anne,

        You and everyone else are welcome to copy the pictures. Simply right click the enlarged picture and select "Save As"

        I have a couple f people on the lists too, George McCutchen who died in Vietnam was my uncle and John Luke Hastings who died in W.W. II was my great Uncle. Several other family names are on the list but are not close relatives.

        It occured to me that it would be a good idea to collect pictures and/or information on these fallen soldiers. I'm not how much we will get but I am willing start it on my website and hand it over at some point if we can find a more appropriate place for it.

        If you or anyone else would like to write up something and/or send me pictures I will add the information/pictures as a link on the persons name.

        http://www.mccutchentrace.com/jackson_county/Pictures/Fallen%20Soldiers/html/

        Thanks,
        Charlie.

        From: Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...>
        2. Re: Pictures of veteran monument at Jackson County Court House
        From: Linda Wilson <alstbrch@...>
        3. Re: Question about Mason records
        From: Vrgfdonna@...

        Message: 1

        Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
        From: Linda Wilson <alstbrch@...>

        Thanks. beautiful pictures of the veterns' monument
        Linda

        Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...> wrote:

        Genealogy information Family home Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree