Re: [jacksongenealogy] ] Old Baptist Cemetery

  • Top Cat Jr
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
      It is located just off US72 (new 4-lane) at Co. Rd. 69, between
      Bridgeport and Stevenson. There is a sign that says "Bolivar Cemetery",
      although I hear from some locals that this is not the preferred
      designation. Old Baptist is the more commonly accepted name, but
      perhaps Bolivar was used to avoid confusion if there is another called
      Old Baptist as close as Hollywood. Check it out!
      -TC

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • joy0420@charter.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2005
        Regina, The Old Bapt Cem (Bolivar) is on Hwy 72 & Co Rd 69. If you were coming from S'boro toward Bridgeport on Hwy 72, you would come thru Stevenson then a few miles you'd look for the turn to the left onto Co Rd 69. It's on the left when you turn, on a little hill. JOY