Re: [jacksongenealogy] Toney

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2000
      You may be right. However, I do not have the info to say this. When
      did Eliza/Louisa Hambrick Smith die? I have the 1860, 1870 and 1880 Madison
      County, AL census on her and on the 1870 there are three Campbell children
      listed. Where were they living in 1860, because they are not with her.
      Would love to know more about the Campbell families also.
      Thanks cuz
      Jewel
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2000
        Faye, I have visited that Hamrick site several times and I haven't found
        Hambrick in it.

        Something I would like to share with you: From The Encyclopedia Of American
        Names" by H. Amanda Rabb and Andrew Chesler--
        The names HAMBRIC, HAMBRICK--ORIGIN is German, derived from the name
        HEIMBRECHT, which means radiant or home.

        The names HAMRIC, HAMRICK,-- Origin is German (1) cognate to the English and
        French definitions of Henry. (2) derived from the name HAIMIRICH, which is
        composed of the German words "haimi" and "ricja" meaning home and rule.

        I was always told that our HAMBRICK's were from NC and they were of German
        origin. Hope this helps you. I haven't done much research on my Hambrick
        and related families for about 8 to 10 years. I will be glad to share my
        info.
        Thanks cuz
        Jewel