Re: [jacksongenealogy] STANDISH & PORTER

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
      Deborah

      1850 Bruce, Macomb Co. MI
      House 80 Family 85
      Henry Porter 46 Farmer NY
      Elizabeth 38 CT
      Saphronia 15 MICH
      Henry D. 5 MICH
      Thomas Moreland 15 Ireland
      Ellen Burrington 10 MICH
      Sanford Stone 22 Farmer NY
      Wiliam Perritt 26 Farmer England

      House 81 Family 86
      Ezra Standish 69 Farmer CT
      Mary 60 CT
      Susan 27 CT
      Celia A. 20 CT

      They are also listed on the 1840 Bruce, Macomb
      Co. MI census.

      Ezra is listed on the 1810 thru 1830 Bozrah, New
      London, CT census.

      He is on the the 1850 Macomb Co MI Mortality
      Schecule: Ezra Standish age 78 died Aug 1850
      Cause: Gravil, Ill 1 Week.

      Mary Standish 60 b. CT is on the 1860 Macomb Co.
      in the house hold of William H. Brab 32 b. ENG
      and Margaret Brab 25 b.MICH.

      1860 Div 1 Long Island PO Jackson Co. AL
      Henry Porter 54 Farmer NY
      Elizabeth 46 CT
      Henry d. 14 MI

      1900 5 Civil Dist. Hamilton Co. TN
      Family 802
      Miles Standish Head Mar 1868 40 M.2yrs IL IL IL
      Carpenter
      Margaret Wife ??? 1880 20 TN TN TN
      (Miles is indexed as Milla Standish)

      1900 5 Civil Dist Mamilton Co. TN
      Family 1005
      Samuel Standish Head May 1825 75 m.43yrs CT CT CT
      Carpenter
      Laurinda Wife Mar 1838 62 m.43yrs 6Child/5Liv.
      IND IND NC
      Laurinda Jr. Dau Jul 1867 32 MO CT IND
      Addie Dau Oct 1869 30 MO CT IND
      George H. Son Jun 1882 15 KS CT IND

      1910 9th Wd Chattanooga, TN
      Mile Standish Head 50 m.12yrs IL MA IL Carpenter
      Margaret Wife 30 m.12yrs TN NY TN
      Margaret Dau 3 TN IL TN
      Not Named Son 1 month TN IL TN

      1920 Bryant Pct 4 Jackson Co. AL
      Family 47
      M. Standsh Head 49 IL CT IND Farmer
      Margaret Wife 39 TN NY TN
      Margaret E. Dau 13 TN IL TN
      Miles A. Son 9 TN IL TN

      1930 9th Ward Chattanooga, TN
      2001 Vine ST
      Miles Standish Head Rents $30 70 age at 1st
      mar.38 IL CT IND House Carpenter
      Margaret Wife 49 age at 1st mar 17 TN NY TN
      Trained Nurse
      Miles A. 20 Son TN IL TN Clerk Drug Store

      It would seem that the son's name was Miles Allen
      Standish. I have seen nothing on a earlier Miles
      b. 1900.

      I have posted the 1870 and 1880 Jackson Co. and
      of Suzan Z. on the 1900 and 1910 Jackson Co
      before.

      There is a land patent for Susan Z. for 160 Acres
      Huntsville Land Office Doc. 659 Misc.Doc.No 4239
      3 Sep 1882 Original Entry Homestead.

      If Margaret E. was married in Hamilton Co. TN
      then there should be a record of who she married
      in the Hamilton County or TN State records. If
      she married in Jackson Co. AL there should be a
      record at the Courthouse. I have found nothing on
      line on her marriage.

      There is a SSDI listing for a Miles A. Standish
      b. 28 Oct 1940 d. 9 May 2003 Williamson, TN who
      maybe your Miles A.'s son.