Very Important WARNING to local genealogists

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      This is not a joke!

      A group known as the North Alabama Paranormal Research Society has been visiting cemeteries in Jackson County Alabama in large groups and disturbing the sites.

      Recently they were in Robertson Cemetery and Mr. Hall has made put up a no trespassing sign and made the sheriff aware. We need to take this very seriously and be on the lookout for these people and also put up no trespassing signs at every cemetery.

      If you examine their website you will notice they have been at a half dozen cemeteries in Jackson County. These people must be run out!!!

      http://www.naprs.us/index.htm

      The McCutchen Trace

      http://mccutchentrace.com

    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        Even though I know Charles means well, I had rather not start this
        discussion on this list. I do also agree that our cemeteries should be
        respected and cared for, but the legal questions involved about access to
        cemeteries goes beyond the scope of our discussion group.
        Richard list moderator

        On 8/1/05, Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...> wrote:

        > This is not a joke!
        >

        > A group known as the North Alabama Paranormal Research Society has been
        > visiting cemeteries in Jackson County Alabama in large groups and disturbing
        > the sites.
        >

        > Recently they were in Robertson Cemetery and Mr. Hall has made put up a no
        > trespassing sign and made the sheriff aware. We need to take this very
        > seriously and be on the lookout for these people and also put up no
        > trespassing signs at every cemetery.
        >

        > If you examine their website you will notice they have been at a half
        > dozen cemeteries in Jackson County. These people must be run out!!!
        >

        > http://www.naprs.us/index.htm
        >

        > The McCutchen Trace
        >
        > http://mccutchentrace.com

      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
          I will add one more comment for those interested in Jackson County cemetery
          preservation. You can find good information at:
          <http://www.alabama-cemetery-preservation.com/>