Re: [jacksongenealogy] Robinson, Robertson, or Roberson Cemetery ??

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
      I spoke with Calvin Hall in Jackson County who has taken it on himself to fix up this cemetery and create a fund at a local bank. I plan on visiting him this weekend and will get the information on the fund.

      With regards to the name it should be listed as Robertson Cemetery as the land was donated by Albert F. Robertson. It is listed as Robinson Cemetery at the Jackson County Algen Archives.

      ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/al/jackson/cemeteries/robinson.txt

      There are no listed Robinsons but there are Robertsons. Apparently Mr. Hall has a more extensive list of people buried there that I will also get this weekend.

      Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...> wrote:
      I have seen Robinson Cemetery off 79 spelled 3 different ways. What is correct?

      The McCutchen Trace

      http://mccutchentrace.com

      Genealogy information Family home Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

      The McCutchen Trace

      http://mccutchentrace.com

    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
        Charles gave the location as "off 79" Is this the cemetery near the Madison
        County line in Paint Rock Valley?
        If so, the USGS list it as "Roberson Cemetery"
        Richard

        On 8/1/05, clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

        > The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
        > Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
        > Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
        > would assume Robinson is correct.
        >
        > Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
        > Group Home Website under links and at the
        > ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
        > searchable.
        >
        > Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
        > on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
        > Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
        > that combines all the cemetery files.
        >
        > Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
        > to these links.
        >
        > Clay

      • Regina
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
          Thanks for clearing this up. Yes, It should be listed as ROBERTSON since he
          donated the land and we need to give him credit and honor. It is great that
          Calvin Hall is getting an account set up to take care of the cemetery. We
          need to do this for the Old Baptist Cemetery in Hollywood also. I was there
          last Wednesday and it is growing up fast. We had cleaned on it earlier but
          with the rain it is growing faster than the few can keep it up.

          Thanks again
          Regina

          _____

[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "jacksongenealogy
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jacksongenealogy> " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Charles McCutchen
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
            I don't believe so this is south south east of Larkinsville.

            Richard Matthews <messabout@...> wrote:Charles gave the location as "off 79" Is this the cemetery near the Madison
            County line in Paint Rock Valley?
            If so, the USGS list it as "Roberson Cemetery"
            Richard

            On 8/1/05, clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

            > The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
            > Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
            > Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
            > would assume Robinson is correct.
            >
            > Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
            > Group Home Website under links and at the
            > ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
            > searchable.
            >
            > Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
            > on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
            > Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
            > that combines all the cemetery files.
            >
            > Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
            > to these links.
            >
            > Clay

            The McCutchen Trace

            http://mccutchentrace.com

          • jackie morgan

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                Clay it is the other way around. There are a few Robertsons buries there but no Robinsons.

                Mr. Hall has seen fit to put a cemetery marker up as identifying it as Robertson Cemetery.

                jackie morgan <jackiemorgan02@...> wrote:
                Thanks for input.
                Jackie

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                  I was not correct, there are Robertsons buried
                  there but no Robinsons.

                  In this cemetery are 2 Revelutionary War Vets, 2
                  War of 1812 Vets and a Vietnam War Vet.

                  John McCutchen, Rev. War
                  John Jackson, Rev. War

                  Mastin Ligon, War of 1812
                  Hiram Jackson, War of 1812

                  Charles Eugene Coffman, Vietnam War

                  You would think that the VFW, American Legion,
                  VVW and the DAR would give Mr. Hall a hand in
                  keeping this cemetery up.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
                    Deborah

                    1850 Bruce, Macomb Co. MI
                    House 80 Family 85
                    Henry Porter 46 Farmer NY
                    Elizabeth 38 CT
                    Saphronia 15 MICH
                    Henry D. 5 MICH
                    Thomas Moreland 15 Ireland
                    Ellen Burrington 10 MICH
                    Sanford Stone 22 Farmer NY
                    Wiliam Perritt 26 Farmer England

                    House 81 Family 86
                    Ezra Standish 69 Farmer CT
                    Mary 60 CT
                    Susan 27 CT
                    Celia A. 20 CT

                    They are also listed on the 1840 Bruce, Macomb
                    Co. MI census.

                    Ezra is listed on the 1810 thru 1830 Bozrah, New
                    London, CT census.

                    He is on the the 1850 Macomb Co MI Mortality
                    Schecule: Ezra Standish age 78 died Aug 1850
                    Cause: Gravil, Ill 1 Week.

                    Mary Standish 60 b. CT is on the 1860 Macomb Co.
                    in the house hold of William H. Brab 32 b. ENG
                    and Margaret Brab 25 b.MICH.

                    1860 Div 1 Long Island PO Jackson Co. AL
                    Henry Porter 54 Farmer NY
                    Elizabeth 46 CT
                    Henry d. 14 MI

                    1900 5 Civil Dist. Hamilton Co. TN
                    Family 802
                    Miles Standish Head Mar 1868 40 M.2yrs IL IL IL
                    Carpenter
                    Margaret Wife ??? 1880 20 TN TN TN
                    (Miles is indexed as Milla Standish)

                    1900 5 Civil Dist Mamilton Co. TN
                    Family 1005
                    Samuel Standish Head May 1825 75 m.43yrs CT CT CT
                    Carpenter
                    Laurinda Wife Mar 1838 62 m.43yrs 6Child/5Liv.
                    IND IND NC
                    Laurinda Jr. Dau Jul 1867 32 MO CT IND
                    Addie Dau Oct 1869 30 MO CT IND
                    George H. Son Jun 1882 15 KS CT IND

                    1910 9th Wd Chattanooga, TN
                    Mile Standish Head 50 m.12yrs IL MA IL Carpenter
                    Margaret Wife 30 m.12yrs TN NY TN
                    Margaret Dau 3 TN IL TN
                    Not Named Son 1 month TN IL TN

                    1920 Bryant Pct 4 Jackson Co. AL
                    Family 47
                    M. Standsh Head 49 IL CT IND Farmer
                    Margaret Wife 39 TN NY TN
                    Margaret E. Dau 13 TN IL TN
                    Miles A. Son 9 TN IL TN

                    1930 9th Ward Chattanooga, TN
                    2001 Vine ST
                    Miles Standish Head Rents $30 70 age at 1st
                    mar.38 IL CT IND House Carpenter
                    Margaret Wife 49 age at 1st mar 17 TN NY TN
                    Trained Nurse
                    Miles A. 20 Son TN IL TN Clerk Drug Store

                    It would seem that the son's name was Miles Allen
                    Standish. I have seen nothing on a earlier Miles
                    b. 1900.

                    I have posted the 1870 and 1880 Jackson Co. and
                    of Suzan Z. on the 1900 and 1910 Jackson Co
                    before.

                    There is a land patent for Susan Z. for 160 Acres
                    Huntsville Land Office Doc. 659 Misc.Doc.No 4239
                    3 Sep 1882 Original Entry Homestead.

                    If Margaret E. was married in Hamilton Co. TN
                    then there should be a record of who she married
                    in the Hamilton County or TN State records. If
                    she married in Jackson Co. AL there should be a
                    record at the Courthouse. I have found nothing on
                    line on her marriage.

                    There is a SSDI listing for a Miles A. Standish
                    b. 28 Oct 1940 d. 9 May 2003 Williamson, TN who
                    maybe your Miles A.'s son.