Re: [jacksongenealogy] Robinson, Robertson, or Roberson Cemetery ??

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
      The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
      Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
      Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
      would assume Robinson is correct.

      Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
      Group Home Website under links and at the
      ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
      searchable.

      Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
      on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
      Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
      that combines all the cemetery files.

      Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
      to these links.

      Clay
    • Charles McCutchen
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
        I spoke with Calvin Hall in Jackson County who has taken it on himself to fix up this cemetery and create a fund at a local bank. I plan on visiting him this weekend and will get the information on the fund.

        With regards to the name it should be listed as Robertson Cemetery as the land was donated by Albert F. Robertson. It is listed as Robinson Cemetery at the Jackson County Algen Archives.

        ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/al/jackson/cemeteries/robinson.txt

        There are no listed Robinsons but there are Robertsons. Apparently Mr. Hall has a more extensive list of people buried there that I will also get this weekend.

        Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...> wrote:
        I have seen Robinson Cemetery off 79 spelled 3 different ways. What is correct?

        The McCutchen Trace

        http://mccutchentrace.com

        Genealogy information Family home Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

        The McCutchen Trace

        http://mccutchentrace.com

      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
          Charles gave the location as "off 79" Is this the cemetery near the Madison
          County line in Paint Rock Valley?
          If so, the USGS list it as "Roberson Cemetery"
          Richard

          On 8/1/05, clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

          > The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
          > Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
          > Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
          > would assume Robinson is correct.
          >
          > Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
          > Group Home Website under links and at the
          > ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
          > searchable.
          >
          > Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
          > on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
          > Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
          > that combines all the cemetery files.
          >
          > Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
          > to these links.
          >
          > Clay

        • Regina
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
            Thanks for clearing this up. Yes, It should be listed as ROBERTSON since he
            donated the land and we need to give him credit and honor. It is great that
            Calvin Hall is getting an account set up to take care of the cemetery. We
            need to do this for the Old Baptist Cemetery in Hollywood also. I was there
            last Wednesday and it is growing up fast. We had cleaned on it earlier but
            with the rain it is growing faster than the few can keep it up.

            Thanks again
            Regina

            _____

[...]

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "jacksongenealogy
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jacksongenealogy> " on the web.

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            _____

          • Charles McCutchen
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
              I don't believe so this is south south east of Larkinsville.

              Richard Matthews <messabout@...> wrote:Charles gave the location as "off 79" Is this the cemetery near the Madison
              County line in Paint Rock Valley?
              If so, the USGS list it as "Roberson Cemetery"
              Richard

              On 8/1/05, clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

              > The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
              > Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
              > Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
              > would assume Robinson is correct.
              >
              > Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
              > Group Home Website under links and at the
              > ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
              > searchable.
              >
              > Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
              > on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
              > Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
              > that combines all the cemetery files.
              >
              > Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
              > to these links.
              >
              > Clay

              The McCutchen Trace

              http://mccutchentrace.com

            • jackie morgan

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                  Clay it is the other way around. There are a few Robertsons buries there but no Robinsons.

                  Mr. Hall has seen fit to put a cemetery marker up as identifying it as Robertson Cemetery.

                  jackie morgan <jackiemorgan02@...> wrote:
                  Thanks for input.
                  Jackie

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                    I was not correct, there are Robertsons buried
                    there but no Robinsons.

                    In this cemetery are 2 Revelutionary War Vets, 2
                    War of 1812 Vets and a Vietnam War Vet.

                    John McCutchen, Rev. War
                    John Jackson, Rev. War

                    Mastin Ligon, War of 1812
                    Hiram Jackson, War of 1812

                    Charles Eugene Coffman, Vietnam War

                    You would think that the VFW, American Legion,
                    VVW and the DAR would give Mr. Hall a hand in
                    keeping this cemetery up.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
                      Deborah

                      1850 Bruce, Macomb Co. MI
                      House 80 Family 85
                      Henry Porter 46 Farmer NY
                      Elizabeth 38 CT
                      Saphronia 15 MICH
                      Henry D. 5 MICH
                      Thomas Moreland 15 Ireland
                      Ellen Burrington 10 MICH
                      Sanford Stone 22 Farmer NY
                      Wiliam Perritt 26 Farmer England

                      House 81 Family 86
                      Ezra Standish 69 Farmer CT
                      Mary 60 CT
                      Susan 27 CT
                      Celia A. 20 CT

                      They are also listed on the 1840 Bruce, Macomb
                      Co. MI census.

                      Ezra is listed on the 1810 thru 1830 Bozrah, New
                      London, CT census.

                      He is on the the 1850 Macomb Co MI Mortality
                      Schecule: Ezra Standish age 78 died Aug 1850
                      Cause: Gravil, Ill 1 Week.

                      Mary Standish 60 b. CT is on the 1860 Macomb Co.
                      in the house hold of William H. Brab 32 b. ENG
                      and Margaret Brab 25 b.MICH.

                      1860 Div 1 Long Island PO Jackson Co. AL
                      Henry Porter 54 Farmer NY
                      Elizabeth 46 CT
                      Henry d. 14 MI

                      1900 5 Civil Dist. Hamilton Co. TN
                      Family 802
                      Miles Standish Head Mar 1868 40 M.2yrs IL IL IL
                      Carpenter
                      Margaret Wife ??? 1880 20 TN TN TN
                      (Miles is indexed as Milla Standish)

                      1900 5 Civil Dist Mamilton Co. TN
                      Family 1005
                      Samuel Standish Head May 1825 75 m.43yrs CT CT CT
                      Carpenter
                      Laurinda Wife Mar 1838 62 m.43yrs 6Child/5Liv.
                      IND IND NC
                      Laurinda Jr. Dau Jul 1867 32 MO CT IND
                      Addie Dau Oct 1869 30 MO CT IND
                      George H. Son Jun 1882 15 KS CT IND

                      1910 9th Wd Chattanooga, TN
                      Mile Standish Head 50 m.12yrs IL MA IL Carpenter
                      Margaret Wife 30 m.12yrs TN NY TN
                      Margaret Dau 3 TN IL TN
                      Not Named Son 1 month TN IL TN

                      1920 Bryant Pct 4 Jackson Co. AL
                      Family 47
                      M. Standsh Head 49 IL CT IND Farmer
                      Margaret Wife 39 TN NY TN
                      Margaret E. Dau 13 TN IL TN
                      Miles A. Son 9 TN IL TN

                      1930 9th Ward Chattanooga, TN
                      2001 Vine ST
                      Miles Standish Head Rents $30 70 age at 1st
                      mar.38 IL CT IND House Carpenter
                      Margaret Wife 49 age at 1st mar 17 TN NY TN
                      Trained Nurse
                      Miles A. 20 Son TN IL TN Clerk Drug Store

                      It would seem that the son's name was Miles Allen
                      Standish. I have seen nothing on a earlier Miles
                      b. 1900.

                      I have posted the 1870 and 1880 Jackson Co. and
                      of Suzan Z. on the 1900 and 1910 Jackson Co
                      before.

                      There is a land patent for Susan Z. for 160 Acres
                      Huntsville Land Office Doc. 659 Misc.Doc.No 4239
                      3 Sep 1882 Original Entry Homestead.

                      If Margaret E. was married in Hamilton Co. TN
                      then there should be a record of who she married
                      in the Hamilton County or TN State records. If
                      she married in Jackson Co. AL there should be a
                      record at the Courthouse. I have found nothing on
                      line on her marriage.

                      There is a SSDI listing for a Miles A. Standish
                      b. 28 Oct 1940 d. 9 May 2003 Williamson, TN who
                      maybe your Miles A.'s son.