Robinson, Robertson, or Roberson Cemetery ??

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
      I have seen Robinson Cemetery off 79 spelled 3 different ways. What is correct?

      The McCutchen Trace

      http://mccutchentrace.com

    • jackie morgan
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
        Regarding ROBINSON CEMETERY.
        Does any one have access to list of those interred there?
        I am trying to locate a William ROBINSON and Elizabeth "Betty" BRYAN ROBINSON.
        Both were born in the early 1850s and married in the late 1860s.
        Thanks for all help.
        Jackie Morgan

        Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...> wrote:
        I have seen Robinson Cemetery off 79 spelled 3 different ways. What is correct?

        The McCutchen Trace

        http://mccutchentrace.com

        Genealogy information Family home Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
          The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
          Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
          Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
          would assume Robinson is correct.

          Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
          Group Home Website under links and at the
          ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
          searchable.

          Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
          on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
          Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
          that combines all the cemetery files.

          Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
          to these links.

          Clay
        • Charles McCutchen
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
            I spoke with Calvin Hall in Jackson County who has taken it on himself to fix up this cemetery and create a fund at a local bank. I plan on visiting him this weekend and will get the information on the fund.

            With regards to the name it should be listed as Robertson Cemetery as the land was donated by Albert F. Robertson. It is listed as Robinson Cemetery at the Jackson County Algen Archives.

            ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/al/jackson/cemeteries/robinson.txt

            There are no listed Robinsons but there are Robertsons. Apparently Mr. Hall has a more extensive list of people buried there that I will also get this weekend.

            Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...> wrote:
            I have seen Robinson Cemetery off 79 spelled 3 different ways. What is correct?

            The McCutchen Trace

            http://mccutchentrace.com

            Genealogy information Family home Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

            The McCutchen Trace

            http://mccutchentrace.com

          • Richard Matthews
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
              Charles gave the location as "off 79" Is this the cemetery near the Madison
              County line in Paint Rock Valley?
              If so, the USGS list it as "Roberson Cemetery"
              Richard

              On 8/1/05, clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

              > The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
              > Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
              > Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
              > would assume Robinson is correct.
              >
              > Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
              > Group Home Website under links and at the
              > ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
              > searchable.
              >
              > Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
              > on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
              > Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
              > that combines all the cemetery files.
              >
              > Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
              > to these links.
              >
              > Clay

            • Regina
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                Thanks for clearing this up. Yes, It should be listed as ROBERTSON since he
                donated the land and we need to give him credit and honor. It is great that
                Calvin Hall is getting an account set up to take care of the cemetery. We
                need to do this for the Old Baptist Cemetery in Hollywood also. I was there
                last Wednesday and it is growing up fast. We had cleaned on it earlier but
                with the rain it is growing faster than the few can keep it up.

                Thanks again
                Regina

                _____

[...]

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "jacksongenealogy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jacksongenealogy> " on the web.

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                _____

              • Charles McCutchen
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                  I don't believe so this is south south east of Larkinsville.

                  Richard Matthews <messabout@...> wrote:Charles gave the location as "off 79" Is this the cemetery near the Madison
                  County line in Paint Rock Valley?
                  If so, the USGS list it as "Roberson Cemetery"
                  Richard

                  On 8/1/05, clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

                  > The Jackson County Mega Cemetery File lists it as
                  > Robinson Cemetery. Since there are plenty of
                  > Robinsons buried and no Robertson or Roberson I
                  > would assume Robinson is correct.
                  >
                  > Jackie the Cemetery Files are located at the
                  > Group Home Website under links and at the
                  > ALGENWEB Jackson County Website. They are all
                  > searchable.
                  >
                  > Go to Yahoo, on the left click on Groups, click
                  > on jacksongenealogy, click on Links, click on
                  > Jackson County Cemetery Files, you want the one
                  > that combines all the cemetery files.
                  >
                  > Anyone who belongs to jacksongenealogy has access
                  > to these links.
                  >
                  > Clay

                  The McCutchen Trace

                  http://mccutchentrace.com

                • jackie morgan

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                      Clay it is the other way around. There are a few Robertsons buries there but no Robinsons.

                      Mr. Hall has seen fit to put a cemetery marker up as identifying it as Robertson Cemetery.

                      jackie morgan <jackiemorgan02@...> wrote:
                      Thanks for input.
                      Jackie

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
                        I was not correct, there are Robertsons buried
                        there but no Robinsons.

                        In this cemetery are 2 Revelutionary War Vets, 2
                        War of 1812 Vets and a Vietnam War Vet.

                        John McCutchen, Rev. War
                        John Jackson, Rev. War

                        Mastin Ligon, War of 1812
                        Hiram Jackson, War of 1812

                        Charles Eugene Coffman, Vietnam War

                        You would think that the VFW, American Legion,
                        VVW and the DAR would give Mr. Hall a hand in
                        keeping this cemetery up.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
                          Deborah

                          1850 Bruce, Macomb Co. MI
                          House 80 Family 85
                          Henry Porter 46 Farmer NY
                          Elizabeth 38 CT
                          Saphronia 15 MICH
                          Henry D. 5 MICH
                          Thomas Moreland 15 Ireland
                          Ellen Burrington 10 MICH
                          Sanford Stone 22 Farmer NY
                          Wiliam Perritt 26 Farmer England

                          House 81 Family 86
                          Ezra Standish 69 Farmer CT
                          Mary 60 CT
                          Susan 27 CT
                          Celia A. 20 CT

                          They are also listed on the 1840 Bruce, Macomb
                          Co. MI census.

                          Ezra is listed on the 1810 thru 1830 Bozrah, New
                          London, CT census.

                          He is on the the 1850 Macomb Co MI Mortality
                          Schecule: Ezra Standish age 78 died Aug 1850
                          Cause: Gravil, Ill 1 Week.

                          Mary Standish 60 b. CT is on the 1860 Macomb Co.
                          in the house hold of William H. Brab 32 b. ENG
                          and Margaret Brab 25 b.MICH.

                          1860 Div 1 Long Island PO Jackson Co. AL
                          Henry Porter 54 Farmer NY
                          Elizabeth 46 CT
                          Henry d. 14 MI

                          1900 5 Civil Dist. Hamilton Co. TN
                          Family 802
                          Miles Standish Head Mar 1868 40 M.2yrs IL IL IL
                          Carpenter
                          Margaret Wife ??? 1880 20 TN TN TN
                          (Miles is indexed as Milla Standish)

                          1900 5 Civil Dist Mamilton Co. TN
                          Family 1005
                          Samuel Standish Head May 1825 75 m.43yrs CT CT CT
                          Carpenter
                          Laurinda Wife Mar 1838 62 m.43yrs 6Child/5Liv.
                          IND IND NC
                          Laurinda Jr. Dau Jul 1867 32 MO CT IND
                          Addie Dau Oct 1869 30 MO CT IND
                          George H. Son Jun 1882 15 KS CT IND

                          1910 9th Wd Chattanooga, TN
                          Mile Standish Head 50 m.12yrs IL MA IL Carpenter
                          Margaret Wife 30 m.12yrs TN NY TN
                          Margaret Dau 3 TN IL TN
                          Not Named Son 1 month TN IL TN

                          1920 Bryant Pct 4 Jackson Co. AL
                          Family 47
                          M. Standsh Head 49 IL CT IND Farmer
                          Margaret Wife 39 TN NY TN
                          Margaret E. Dau 13 TN IL TN
                          Miles A. Son 9 TN IL TN

                          1930 9th Ward Chattanooga, TN
                          2001 Vine ST
                          Miles Standish Head Rents $30 70 age at 1st
                          mar.38 IL CT IND House Carpenter
                          Margaret Wife 49 age at 1st mar 17 TN NY TN
                          Trained Nurse
                          Miles A. 20 Son TN IL TN Clerk Drug Store

                          It would seem that the son's name was Miles Allen
                          Standish. I have seen nothing on a earlier Miles
                          b. 1900.

                          I have posted the 1870 and 1880 Jackson Co. and
                          of Suzan Z. on the 1900 and 1910 Jackson Co
                          before.

                          There is a land patent for Susan Z. for 160 Acres
                          Huntsville Land Office Doc. 659 Misc.Doc.No 4239
                          3 Sep 1882 Original Entry Homestead.

                          If Margaret E. was married in Hamilton Co. TN
                          then there should be a record of who she married
                          in the Hamilton County or TN State records. If
                          she married in Jackson Co. AL there should be a
                          record at the Courthouse. I have found nothing on
                          line on her marriage.

                          There is a SSDI listing for a Miles A. Standish
                          b. 28 Oct 1940 d. 9 May 2003 Williamson, TN who
                          maybe your Miles A.'s son.