Re: [jacksongenealogy] William D. PEGUES and Anna Viola MANLEY

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2005
      Gloria

      The reason you can not find their marriage
      certificate is I believe they were married in
      Marshall Co. not Jackson or Madison. Marshall has
      very few of its marriage records on line. What
      they have is on the ALGENWEB Marshall Co.
      Website. There is an email address posted there
      for someone in Marshall Co. who will do lookups
      at the Courthouse.

      1910 Census Paint Rock Pct.11 Marshall Co. AL
      House 232 Family 239
      William D. Pegues 38 mar.once 11yrs AL SC TN
      Laborer General Farm
      Anna V. Wife 28 mar.once 11 yrs 5 child.5 living
      AL AL AL
      Annie B. 10
      Bertha L. 8
      Lucy B. 6
      Tempie C. 4
      Mary J. 2

      Richard A. Manley and family are listed Paint
      Rock Dist.11 also in 1900, 1910 and 1920.

      Further notes:
      William D. PEGUES d.31 Aug 1943 Madison Co. AL
      Cert 15992 Vol 32 Roll 4

      From: Ancestry
      Lucy Bell PEGUES b.1904 m.???? 5 Dec 1925
      Margaret C. Tempie b. 1905 m. R.E. DEAN 6 Jun
      1936 Madison Co. AL
      Mamie b. 1908 d. 1920 (Mary J.????)

      Anna Viola was the dau. of Richard A. and Nancy
      Jane(PAYNE) MANLEY m. 25 Sep 1875 Madison Co. AL.
      Nancy Jane PAYNE b. 27 Aug 1857 Grundy Co. TN