Land Patent Document Numbers etc.

  • leeroses@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 6:34 PM
      Since I recently posted to this list directions on how to obtain Land
      Entry files from the National Archives, and because the first step was to obtain
      certain data from the BLM website (which is now offline), I will gladly offer
      to do lookups for anyone needing land patent information to possibly place an
      order. However, the only information I have is restricted to that listed
      below

      A few years ago I went on the BLM land records website and made a series
      of searches by Township and Range (leaving blank the NAME portion in the
      search) and thus making for my personal use a list of all land patents in the
      areas searched. I then added the Section numbers taken from the 1823 Decatur
      County Land survey.
      What I have are the land sales entries which would cover the area of old
      Decatur county. This is roughly Madison Co. starting around the Flint River
      moving eastward into Jackson Co. as far as Woodville or perhaps past. It also
      includes that part of northern Marshall Co. south of Paint Rock. This data
      encompasses Ranges 1 through 6 East with Townships 1 through 6 South.

      You will receive from me just the one line raw data for each Cash Entry
      Sale.
      Example showing 3 entries for John Larkin:

      Larkin, John AL Jackson 8/15/1831 Huntsville Land Office
      Doc. Nr. 3717
      Larkin, John AL Jackson 6/8/1833 Huntsville Land Office
      Doc. Nr. 4384
      Larkin, John AL Jackson 6/8/1833 Huntsville Land Office
      Doc. Nr. 4391
      All of the above are in township 2 South Range 4 East.
      The Section numbers for the above are 11, 30, and 31 but I do not know which
      Section numbers go with which Doc. Nr.

      If I were ordering from the NARA, I would only order one of the above
      record files and give them the data on the others to use as alternates in case
      the first could not be found (or contained no useful genealogical information).

      Please send your lookup request to:
      Terry D. Lee
      LeeRoses@...