Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson county

  • treinfelder@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 26 4:09 AM
      I also have a request if it is not to late. Would you look up William Burrow who married Amanda Jane Rosson. I'm interested to know what other names appear on the marriage license. I believe they were married in 1869. Thank you soooo much for doing this for us.

      Toni

      Hi I'm going to the Jackson County court house tomorrow if anyone
      needs a marriage look up I will try to get it. I will try to look on
      here in the morning to see if anyone has posted a request.
      Frances

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 26 5:37 AM
        You can order as many marriage certificates as
        you want from the Probate Court at the Jackson
        County Courthouse at a cost of $1.00 each and a
        SASE. The courthouse address is posted on the
        ALGENWEB Jackson County website. You will need
        the OS Page and who performed the wedding. They
        want payment sent with the request. The fee if
        you order from the state is $12.00 for marriage,
        divorce, birth and death certificates, go the
        alabama vital records for more info.

        The Jackson Co. A Marriage Index is also posted
        on the ALGENWEB Jackson Co. website or you can
        request a lookup from some one in the group. Some
        people were married in another county or TN or
        GA. So you must search there also. The Marriage
        Index has few marriages beyond 1900 in Jackson
        Co. that I have found even though it says to
        1920. Some years in the late 1850s are missing.

        Clay
      • kathy edwards
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 29 4:35 AM
          Can you tell me where to go to do this. Who to ask for, etc.

          >From: "frances_lambert2000" <frances_lambert2000@...>
          >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson county
          >Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:59:16 -0000
          >
          >Hi I'm going to the Jackson County court house tomorrow if anyone
          >needs a marriage look up I will try to get it. I will try to look on
          >here in the morning to see if anyone has posted a request.
          > Frances

        • frances_lambert2000
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29 8:08 AM
            Go to the the Records room it is in the Probate office.You can look
            them up on your on .If you need any help i'm sure you could ask
            someone in the office. The marriage books all have indexes.You find
            the year you want look through the index and it will tell you the
            page number.

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "kathy edwards"