Re: HOUK; MURRAY; MANNING; TIPTON; BULMAN; BISHOP; MILLER; RUSH

  • Kelly Crosby
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2000
      --- In jacksongenealogy@egroups.com, RustyHouk@a... wrote:
      > I am researching the ancestors and descendants of the surnames
      > listed. They were residents of the Peters Cove, Schiffman Cove,
      > Boxes Cove, Nat Mountain, Paint Rock Valley, Limrock, Woodville,
      and
      > Larkinsville areas of Jackson County, AL. Any help appreciated.
      > Kenneth W. Houk (rustyhouk@a...)

      I have a few tidbits on the Mannings from my research into the
      Berry's
      of Jackson Co. It's not much, but it may be of use. Also, I have
      pictures of Paint Rock Valley and Paint Rock River on my website if
      you would like to see them.

      Anyway, here is what I have (and I am curious as to the relationship
      between these different Mannings - siblings/cousins, etc.)
      These are from the AL Marriage Record book and Cemetery listings:

      Joseph Manning, married S. J. Berry, Dec 25, 1887 in Jackson Co.
      Joseph Manning, Dec 17, 1856 - May 13, 1915
      Amanda S. J. Berry, Nov 8, 1869 - Aug 21, 1895
      They are both buried in Blue Springs Cemetery at Larkinsville

      Alexander Manning, married Rachael Berry Jul 28, 1860 in Jackson Co.

      Then I have these notes:
      James Manning married Chastity Berry, daughter of William Berry (ref.
      William Berry's will, dated 1856)
      William C. Manning married Annie Berry, daughter of John Alex Berry -
      this family lived in Berry's Cove near Limrock AL. (ref. book "The
      Annie Coleman Proctor Collection")

      I am interested in ANYTHING that connects the Berry's of Jackson &
      Madison Co. in the hopes of confirming my family line. I look
      forward
      to hearing more from you.

      Thanks,
      Kelly