HOUK; MURRAY; MANNING; TIPTON; BULMAN; BISHOP; MILLER; RUSH

  • RustyHouk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2000
      I am researching the ancestors and descendants of the surnames
      listed. They were residents of the Peters Cove, Schiffman Cove,
      Boxes Cove, Nat Mountain, Paint Rock Valley, Limrock, Woodville, and
      Larkinsville areas of Jackson County, AL. Any help appreciated.
      Kenneth W. Houk (rustyhouk@...)
    • Kelly Crosby
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2000
        --- In jacksongenealogy@egroups.com, RustyHouk@a... wrote:
        > I am researching the ancestors and descendants of the surnames
        > listed. They were residents of the Peters Cove, Schiffman Cove,
        > Boxes Cove, Nat Mountain, Paint Rock Valley, Limrock, Woodville,
        and
        > Larkinsville areas of Jackson County, AL. Any help appreciated.
        > Kenneth W. Houk (rustyhouk@a...)

        I have a few tidbits on the Mannings from my research into the
        Berry's
        of Jackson Co. It's not much, but it may be of use. Also, I have
        pictures of Paint Rock Valley and Paint Rock River on my website if
        you would like to see them.

        Anyway, here is what I have (and I am curious as to the relationship
        between these different Mannings - siblings/cousins, etc.)
        These are from the AL Marriage Record book and Cemetery listings:

        Joseph Manning, married S. J. Berry, Dec 25, 1887 in Jackson Co.
        Joseph Manning, Dec 17, 1856 - May 13, 1915
        Amanda S. J. Berry, Nov 8, 1869 - Aug 21, 1895
        They are both buried in Blue Springs Cemetery at Larkinsville

        Alexander Manning, married Rachael Berry Jul 28, 1860 in Jackson Co.

        Then I have these notes:
        James Manning married Chastity Berry, daughter of William Berry (ref.
        William Berry's will, dated 1856)
        William C. Manning married Annie Berry, daughter of John Alex Berry -
        this family lived in Berry's Cove near Limrock AL. (ref. book "The
        Annie Coleman Proctor Collection")

        I am interested in ANYTHING that connects the Berry's of Jackson &
        Madison Co. in the hopes of confirming my family line. I look
        forward
        to hearing more from you.

        Thanks,
        Kelly