Re: Commadore Rogers

  • Smiley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
      ...Hi Patricia...I just came across your ancestors name, Commodore
      ROGERS in the "Files" section on this site. It was in
      the "Guntersville Reservoir" file, about the cemeteries relocations
      and such. He is buried next to his wife in the ROGERS Cemetery
      listings. I know this is a very late reply but I am a new member to
      this group. Good luck & happy hunting...

      Smiley :-)

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, cherokeeindian77@a... wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > I have a question and a problem I'm trying to locate a Rogers that
      I think
      > just might be my connection to Joseph P. Rodgers Born about 1846 or
      so, who
      > lived in Bellefonte Al. back in 1870.
      > While at the D.A.R. in Washington DC I came across this family who
      has a son
      > by the name of Joseph Rogers age 16 back in 1860 living in Marshall
      Co. Al.
      > Now I have looked every place for a Rodgers/Rogers who would fit
      the age I
      > need and he is the only one I can find that would work, The Father
      of this man
      > his name is Commadore Rogers from Ga., his wife is Catherine from
      Ga..
      > My question is: does anyone have any info. on this family that just
      might
      > help me out with this new info. I have found?
      > Would be most grateful.
      > In God's Service
      > ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      > Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      > Patricia Mills
      > <A HREF="cherokeeindain@a...">cherokeeindian77@a...</A>
      >
      > Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge,
      Price,