Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: My visit

  • bbrock1945@aol.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 5, 2005
      In a message dated 7/5/2005 8:42:15 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      diann12954@... writes:

      What is your family connection to Jackson County

      Hello Diann,
      Yes, I'm here in the "Toto Land of Oz" - actually, in a suburb of Kansas
      City Mo., which is on the MO-KS line and we're just just 20 blocks on the Kansas
      side. Was actuallly born and raised in Kansas City, MO.

      As to JA CO AL connections. I finally found a maternal 2nd gr grandmother
      named Thersa/Thersey ? She had previously been married before marrying my
      Arnold MANN in southeast Missouri. I surnmised this from the fact he was
      married w/ children and his wife died, then on the 1860 Census he has wife Thersa
      and two other children in household named BLACKWELL who were born in AL. So
      by hook and crook, after poking around AL.resources, I was lucky enough to
      find on 1850 Federal Census, PETER BLACKWELL and wife, Thersey with the two
      children! I was certainly excited!

      Now, I need to find her maiden name. Census records show she was born in AL
      in 1820. I have found a Mathersey WILLIAMS, on Paint Rock Baptist Church
      records. Later in the records, she (?) becomes listed as Mathersey BLACKWELL.
      I'm sure this has to be the same person - now just finding the correct
      WILLIAMS family. I believe she had a brother named John b. 1823 who was living
      next door to she and Peter Blackwell in 1850. He also went to Reynolds County,
      Missouri by 1860. But who were their parents?

      Well, I didn't mean to write you a volume on this. Another funny thing,
      while looking for info. on her, I found another ancestor - THEODORE "DORAH -
      DOREY" CROWNOVER who migrated from Franklin Co. TN. with then wife, Sarah
      CRABTREE and her brother William to Jackson County, TN. I had never known that.
      His son, James, child of first wife, was actually raised by his mothers family
      - Brawley's - and had earlier gone to Reynolds County, MIssouri! Don't know
      if the Williams and Crownovers/Brawley's families, had any connection but
      this certainly was a coincidence!

      Brenda

    • Nelda Thompson
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 14, 2005
        I found 2 Halloway families living side by side on 1870 census 8th Civil
        Dist Marian Co.,TN

        John Halloway 42 b. TN

        Jimmie 31 b. AL

        Jerry 14 b. GA

        Susan 11 b. GA

        James B. 8 b. GA

        Isaac A. 2 b. TN

        Sarah J. 1 mon b. TN

        Andrew J. Halloway 35 b. GA

        Emily 38 b. GA

        Sarah 12 b. AL

        Newton 8 b. AL

        Hope this may be the correct Newton Halloway

        Nelda Thompson

        _____