Francis Marion "Frank" GRIDER and Martha L. GOLD GRIDER

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      My Grandfather Francis "Frank or F M" Marion GRIDER was born in Blount
      county, Tennessee. On his grave stone it says he was born in 1857 BUT early
      census for him would suggest that he was born in 1858 or 59. He was the son
      of Joseph and Ann Eliza TUCK GRIDER/GIDER/GUIDER from Blount County,
      Tennessee. Frank GRIDER was first married to Kate ODOM/ODEM in Loudon
      County, Tennessee. They are only on the 1880 census as husband and wife
      since Kate died before 1890. They had three children: William Thomas
      GUIDER, Frances Cordelia and John. I know that George Washington
      GRIDER/GRYDER/GUIDER had Cordelia living with him in 1900 but I have no
      ideal where William Thomas and John were living after their mother died.
      Since there is no 1890 census I can't find them during that time period.
      Tom went on to marry Belle SMITH and Cordelia married a Sam WILSON BUT can't
      find out much on John. NOW I jump to 1894 when Frank comes to Jackson
      County, Alabama and takes my grandmother Martha L. GOLD to Winchester,
      Tennessee and marries her. Why did he come to Jackson County and when? Was
      he living in Jackson County, if so where and for how long? How did he meet
      Martha GOLD? I know that there was a lot of GRIDERS in Jackson County
      during that time and many came from Tennessee. There was also ODOM/ODEMS in
      Jackson County but I find no relation to any of them to Frank GRIDER. Sure
      would love any help any one can give or suggest.
      Thanks
      Regina GRIDER Pipes