Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: GULLETT/GULLATT/GULLICK

  • Gullick99@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2005
      Clay,
      Thank you so much for your replay. You are so much help to so many people.
      What we know about Patrick Henry Gullick is very slim. As so many, we waited
      to late to ask questions. Everyone that could help is already gone. He was
      born about 1847 in Arkansas. Lived most of his life in Nevada County. His
      first wife was name Nancy ? Second wife was Etta ? There were five children
      born to first marriage. James M. born about 1868, Joseph V. born about 1870,
      Julia Ann born about 1873 (my husband's grandmother), married Seborn Cross also
      from Nevada County, William F Gullick born about 1872 and Fannie Gullick born
      1880. All lived in Nevada County, AR all of their lives. Would love to know
      who his parents were. Thank you for any information. It will be greatly
      appreciated. I have not worked a lot on this line, have been searching for the
      Bowen line in Jackson County, AL with no luck. The Bowens just appeared in
      Jackson County in 1900 (two brothers) both married to Jackson County ladies.
      Jean Bowen
      Gullick99@...

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 6, 2005
        Jean

        While we have had no luck with your Bowen line.
        Patrick Henry Gullick was easy I just needed to
        find time to do it all.

        1850 Canuse Township, Hempstead Co AR
        Jephtha Gullick 37 farmer b. TN
        Catherine 25 AR
        Patrick H. 3 AR
        Caroline 2Months AR
        Gideon Cauie?? 19 Aalorer AR
        Elizabeth Mathews 47 OH (this might be
        Catherine's Mother, just a guess)

        1860 Carouse Township Ouachita Co. AR
        J. Gullett 45 Farmer Unknown (note name change)
        Patrick H. 13 AR
        C. Frances 9 AR (Caroline)
        Sarah E. 7 AR
        Narcissa B. 4 AR
        Nancy J. 2 AR

        1880 Redlard Township,Dist 212 Nevada Co. AR
        House 82
        P.H. Gullick 33 Farmer ARK MO ARK
        N.R. 33 Wife Keeps House ARK AL AL (maybe A.R.)
        James M. 12 Son
        Joseph V. 10 Son
        Julia A. 7 Dau
        William F. 6
        Fannie 0/12 b. May

        House 72
        R.N. McNeely 51 Farmer AR MO MO
        Kimeshn 49 Wife TN - -
        N.D. Gullet 23 Boarder ARK - -
        Josie Gullet 20 Boarder ARK - -

        1900 Reland TS, Nevada Co. AR
        House 308
        Patrick Gullick Head Dec 1846 53Mar.13yrs AR MO
        AR Farmer
        Ida Wife Jul 1855 44 Mar.13yrs 4child/1living AR
        AR TN
        Ella Dau Apr 1885 15
        James Son Jul 1889
        James M. Nicholson boarder May 1827 73 TN TN TN
        Claborne Gillett black Boarder Apr 1880 AR AR AR
        Farmer

        House 309
        William Gullick Head Mar 1874 26 Mar.2yrs AR
        Farmer
        Della Wife Feb 1880 20 Mar.2yrs 1child/1living AR
        Hesty Dau Aug 1899 10Months

        1910 Redland TS, Nevada Co. AR
        House 102
        Patrick H. Gullick Head 63 mar.twice 12yrs? AR AL
        AR Farmer
        Ida V. Wife 54 mar.twice 12yrs?? AR MS MS
        Ella F. Dau 25 Singel AR AR AR

        House 75 William F. Gullick Head 36 Mar.Once
        11yrs AR AR AR
        Della Wife 30 Mar.Once 11 yrs AR AR AR
        Hester Dau 10 AR
        Grace 1 Dau AR

        1920 Redland, Nevada, AR
        Patrick H. Gullick Head 72 AR US US Farmer
        Etta L. 39 Wife AR AR AR

        1930 Redland, Nevada, AR
        House 205
        Etta Gullick 49 Gullick Widow AR AR AR Overseer
        Farm

        House 206
        W.F. Gullick 56 Age at 1st Mar.44 AR AR AR Farmer
        Lizzy Wife 52 Age at 1st Mar.40

        Clay
      • Gullick99@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 6, 2005
          Clay,
          How can I thank you? You are so generous with your time. Thank you, Thank
          you. I really do appreciate all this information more than you know. I know,
          the Bowens are another story. I think their name before 1900 was spelled
          either Boen or Bone. On Mack's marriage certificate the clerk spelled it Boen but
          when Mack signed it, it looks more like Bone. Thank you again. I hope I can
          help you sometime.
          Sincerely,
          Jean Bowen
          Gullick99@...

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 7, 2005
            Jean

            Email me a copy of Mack's marriage certificate so
            I can see what the signature looks like.

            You are welcome for the Gullicks, noticed how it
            was occasionaly spelled Gullet/Gullett. Still
            have that nagging feeling we all had the same
            surname before the Huguenot emigration out of
            France in 1500s.

            And just how did so many Huguenot families round
            up in Jackson Co. AL? Some have corupted English
            or Dutch names but they can be tranced back to
            France.