GOLD Family

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2000
      Elijah P. GOLD was my great grandfather. His daughter Martha Louisa GOLD
      Grider was my grandmother. Elijah was suppose to have been born in 1844. I
      am trying to find out when Elijah GOLD and Fannie WININGER were married. I
      know Elijah served in the Civil War. Were they married before he enlisted?
      I think their first child was born in 1868 and their last one being born in
      1890. Could someone please look up the 1860 plus census to see if you can
      find Eliza GOLD's family. I am interested also in the children of Elijah
      and Fannie and when they all were born. I have been told that they had a
      daughter Lily and one named Joyce but I can't find them anywhere. I
      remember two of their children: Ruth and Eliga. Elizah was the son of
      Phillip H. GOLD.

      Thanks for any help you may have.

      Regina
      regina.pipes@...
      Austin, Texas
    • rgpipes@hughes.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2006
        Can anyone tell we who these GOLD'S were and who their three children were
        and how did the two adult GOLD'S die?

        PROGRESSIVE AGE MARCH 11, 1892

        Mr.. John GOLD, formally of Maynard Cove, in Jackson County, and his wife
        died at their home in California a short time ago, leaving three small
        children;the oldest age five years and the youngest only five months. The
        children were brought to Scottsboro last Sunday morning by a lady friend;
        and were conveyed to the home of Mr.. GOLD'S father in Maynard's Cove. The
        deceased is the brother of Mr.. Wm. A. GOLD, of the firm of MOODY, COFFEY &
        GOLD liverymen.

        ALSO, Can anyone tell me who Mary Ann GOLD married or did she die before she
        married and if so where is she buried? Mary Ann GOLD was the Oldest
        daughter of Peter H. GOLD and Rachel PHILLIPS GOLD. Mary had two full
        brothers; Thomas and Elijah P. GOLD. In 1850 census Mary age 9 is living
        at home with her father and his second wife Elizabeth ALRED GOLD with
        Thomas, Elijah, William and David. In 1860 Mary Ann is 18 and still living
        at home. By 1870 Mary Ann, Thomas, David and Elijah are all gone from Peter
        and Elizabeth's home. Did Mary Ann GOLD marry are did she pass away?

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2006
          Regina

          Mary Gold 29 b. AL is listed in the household of her Uncle? David Gold on the 1870. Also in that household is her Grandfather? Thomas Gold 70 b. SC. Mary Gold is listed as Mollie Gold 36 dau. in the household of Peter Gold on the 1880. I did not see a marriage for her on the index and she is not on the 1900 census.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2006
            Regina

            The only one's who had a John and a William were David and Nancy A. Gold.

            1900 Scottsboro AL
            House 154 Family 156
            William A. Galdo (GOLD) Head May 1863 37 WD AL AL AL Merchant Produce
            Viola R. Dau 10 May 1892 8 AL AL TN
            William O. Son July 1894 5 AL AL TN
            Ellen Niece Oct 188613 CA AL GERM
            Clara Niece Aug 1888 11 CA AL GERM
            Katie Niece Sept 1891 8 CA AL GERM

            Nancy A. Gold on the 1900census is living with a dau. and son in law Malinda C. and Reuben F. Proctor.

            No marriage listed for William A Gold he is on the Death Index d. 1937.

            John Gold 20 b. AL on the 1880 Census is listed as Boarder in the household of Hiram and Elizabeth Foster both b. AL living in Denver, Arapahoe Co. CO.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2006
              Death Index

              William A. Gold d. Jackson Co. Aug 1936 Vol 39 Roll 3 Page 19041.

            • rgpipes@hughes.net
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12, 2006
                Thank you Clay for all your help. Hopefully one of these days I will get
                this all straightned out.

                So I am guessing Mary Ann GOLD duaghter of Peter GOLD never married. Wonder
                if she died in Madison County?

                Always more questions.

                Thanks so much