Wells Family Cemetery

  • debphillips161
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Pat. I was not able to locate this cemetery. The Jackson Co. Land
      Patent show Nicolls (sic-Nicholas??), William and Obadiah buying land
      from about 1881 to 1888. There is a Bodwell on that list too. The
      family cemetery might be a private cemetery located on their property?

      There is a Nicholas Wells and family on the 1870 Etowah Co., AL
      census. There is a Nicholas 57, Levina 46, John 19, Nicholas 17 (is
      that who bought the land in Jackson CO.,??), Susan D. 14, Elias 10
      years old.

      I did find a post on Genforum for Nicholas Wells. You will need to
      verify all this information. I am just re-typing what is posted
      there. Nicholas son Vann married Harriet Jones. Harriet, may be of
      Native American heritage. They lived in the Paint Rock area of
      Jackson Co, AL. A Linda Dobbins Bridges did the post. She states that
      her husband is a son of Vann. There are many long posts in connection
      with this; if this is all new information to you then I will be happy
      to get it for you. Good luck researching.