Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hollytree, Mt. Nebo Church

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
      Yes, Clay, thank you. I know where Mt Nebo is supposed to be located but the cemetery has long been destroyed by time, people and cattle. Shame but this does happen.
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
        Yes, Regina, you are correct in saying that Paint Rock and the Princeton area would make a good Gatlinburg type area, but I hope and pray that never happens because it is so beautiful It would be a shame to waste so much beauty!!!!

        Every time we go there we are afraid someone has discovered the beauty and decided to change all that. I grew up on Lick Fork Creek that leads from Princeton up between Maxwell and Putman Mountains. I remember so many, many hard, hard days there and yet so many good memories.

        Three of my brothers and I went to school at Trenton and Princeton. We moved to Trenton in 1936 and back to the same area in 1938. I started school in Trenton in 1937 and transferred to Princeton in January 1938.

        We moved to Huntland, Franklin County, TN in January 1945. Why always moving in January? Because my parents were tenant farmers and daddy was always looking for a better deal and a better house to live in.

        My dad was Calvin Monroe Hambrick 1897-1984 born in Hambrick Sinks near Princeton, son of David Wesley Hambrick and Demarius (Vann) Hambrick. He married Margaret Eliza Anderson in 1916 in Jackson County, AL. Mama was born 1901 and died 1982, daughter of Thomas Holland Anderson and Nancy Emaline (Fanning) Anderson, living in the same area or near Princeton as my dad and his family did. They had nine children losing the first four children, three were daughters and a son and then lost another son who was next to last baby. I'm the only daughter who survived. I have two older brothers and one younger brother.

        I loved the beautiful school at Princeton!! It is still a beautiful school So many good memories shade out most of the unpleasant ones.

        Thanks a million
        Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey
        Tullahoma, TN