Hollytree AL Location

  • Cathy White
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      TO: "Jewel Casey" <jcasey@...>

      Jewel:

      I use the USGS (US Geological Survey site to find locations.
      http://geonames.usgs.gov/ Then click US & Its Territories in the box
      labeled Query GNIS.

      Hollytree is identified as a Populated Place; 34d47m56sN 08d61m511sW.
      To put that in perspective, Princeton was listed as: 34d48m10sN
      08d61m458sW. Of course, I've never been to either place; all my visits
      have been around Scottsboro.

      Hope this helps...cathy

      --
      Cathy White/Nina Latimer Lamm
      carterwomen@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
        While the GNIS will give you where a place is at,
        you still have to go to terraserver or topozone
        to find a map. Terraserver also has aerial photos
        on its site and they are free. It is the
        simplist to use.

        http://terraserver.microsoft.com/

        And if you really explore what terraserver has to
        offer you will find different size satelite
        photos.

        After getting the GNIS coordinates those must be
        entered into the search box at terraserver or
        topozone to get a map.