Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: ROUSSOU, Amanda J. wife of Charles BURROW

  • treinfelder@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
      Ann -

      Would you please e-mail me so I can talk to you about the Rosson family? I would greatly appreciate getting/hearing any information you have on the family. Amanda would have been my gg grandmother.

      Thank you so much!

      Toni

      The census enumerator's handwriting is not clear, but the correct spelling
      for Amanda who married the Burrow is ROSSON. Joseph and Elizabeth (Riddle)
      Rosson are my ancestors. Joseph Rosson was in the War of 1812, and his
      grave has been marked with a military marker in Liberty Cemetery.
      Ann Chambless

      Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
        Jean

        The Gullatts and Gullicks are seperate families,
        at least now, I think at one time the
        Gulletts/Gullicks were probably the same family
        in France. With the persecution of the Huguenots
        in 1500s many of them left emigrating to England,
        Ireland, the Netherlands, Scotland, Switzerland
        and Germany. Gullick being the Dutch/Germany
        spelling of the name. So I think there is a
        relationship. I am willing to call cousin anyone
        who wants, including my African American cousins.

        The Gulletts went to the English speaking
        countries the Gullicks to the Netherlands and
        Germany. Each stayed about a hunderds years in
        those countries before emigrating to America.
        Gulletts to MD from England ca 1660-1675. William
        Gullett arrived Somerset Co. MD 1671. Gulletts
        and Gullicks emigrated just about to the same
        place and at just about the same time, Gullett to
        MD. Gullicks to MD, NJ, DE, NY.

        My John Gullett/Gullatt (b.1711 d. Aug?1753)and
        his parents were in St.Stephens Parish, Cecil
        County MD at same time (1700-1753) as there was a
        John Gullick in that county. This John Gullick
        moved to NC. I have traced and verified the
        ancestry of Permila Ann Gullick (back to her
        father and mother, anyway)who married Sion B.
        Redwine because everyone listed her as a Gullatt.
        She was born in AL moved to MS, then she and some
        of her Gullick kinfolk moved to ARK. Permila
        Ann's parents were born in TN.

        Send me what you have on Patrick Henry Gullick
        and I will see what I can find.

        Clay Gullatt
      • Gullick99@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2005
          Clay,
          Thank you so much for your replay. You are so much help to so many people.
          What we know about Patrick Henry Gullick is very slim. As so many, we waited
          to late to ask questions. Everyone that could help is already gone. He was
          born about 1847 in Arkansas. Lived most of his life in Nevada County. His
          first wife was name Nancy ? Second wife was Etta ? There were five children
          born to first marriage. James M. born about 1868, Joseph V. born about 1870,
          Julia Ann born about 1873 (my husband's grandmother), married Seborn Cross also
          from Nevada County, William F Gullick born about 1872 and Fannie Gullick born
          1880. All lived in Nevada County, AR all of their lives. Would love to know
          who his parents were. Thank you for any information. It will be greatly
          appreciated. I have not worked a lot on this line, have been searching for the
          Bowen line in Jackson County, AL with no luck. The Bowens just appeared in
          Jackson County in 1900 (two brothers) both married to Jackson County ladies.
          Jean Bowen
          Gullick99@...

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 6, 2005
            Jean

            While we have had no luck with your Bowen line.
            Patrick Henry Gullick was easy I just needed to
            find time to do it all.

            1850 Canuse Township, Hempstead Co AR
            Jephtha Gullick 37 farmer b. TN
            Catherine 25 AR
            Patrick H. 3 AR
            Caroline 2Months AR
            Gideon Cauie?? 19 Aalorer AR
            Elizabeth Mathews 47 OH (this might be
            Catherine's Mother, just a guess)

            1860 Carouse Township Ouachita Co. AR
            J. Gullett 45 Farmer Unknown (note name change)
            Patrick H. 13 AR
            C. Frances 9 AR (Caroline)
            Sarah E. 7 AR
            Narcissa B. 4 AR
            Nancy J. 2 AR

            1880 Redlard Township,Dist 212 Nevada Co. AR
            House 82
            P.H. Gullick 33 Farmer ARK MO ARK
            N.R. 33 Wife Keeps House ARK AL AL (maybe A.R.)
            James M. 12 Son
            Joseph V. 10 Son
            Julia A. 7 Dau
            William F. 6
            Fannie 0/12 b. May

            House 72
            R.N. McNeely 51 Farmer AR MO MO
            Kimeshn 49 Wife TN - -
            N.D. Gullet 23 Boarder ARK - -
            Josie Gullet 20 Boarder ARK - -

            1900 Reland TS, Nevada Co. AR
            House 308
            Patrick Gullick Head Dec 1846 53Mar.13yrs AR MO
            AR Farmer
            Ida Wife Jul 1855 44 Mar.13yrs 4child/1living AR
            AR TN
            Ella Dau Apr 1885 15
            James Son Jul 1889
            James M. Nicholson boarder May 1827 73 TN TN TN
            Claborne Gillett black Boarder Apr 1880 AR AR AR
            Farmer

            House 309
            William Gullick Head Mar 1874 26 Mar.2yrs AR
            Farmer
            Della Wife Feb 1880 20 Mar.2yrs 1child/1living AR
            Hesty Dau Aug 1899 10Months

            1910 Redland TS, Nevada Co. AR
            House 102
            Patrick H. Gullick Head 63 mar.twice 12yrs? AR AL
            AR Farmer
            Ida V. Wife 54 mar.twice 12yrs?? AR MS MS
            Ella F. Dau 25 Singel AR AR AR

            House 75 William F. Gullick Head 36 Mar.Once
            11yrs AR AR AR
            Della Wife 30 Mar.Once 11 yrs AR AR AR
            Hester Dau 10 AR
            Grace 1 Dau AR

            1920 Redland, Nevada, AR
            Patrick H. Gullick Head 72 AR US US Farmer
            Etta L. 39 Wife AR AR AR

            1930 Redland, Nevada, AR
            House 205
            Etta Gullick 49 Gullick Widow AR AR AR Overseer
            Farm

            House 206
            W.F. Gullick 56 Age at 1st Mar.44 AR AR AR Farmer
            Lizzy Wife 52 Age at 1st Mar.40

            Clay
          • Gullick99@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 6, 2005
              Clay,
              How can I thank you? You are so generous with your time. Thank you, Thank
              you. I really do appreciate all this information more than you know. I know,
              the Bowens are another story. I think their name before 1900 was spelled
              either Boen or Bone. On Mack's marriage certificate the clerk spelled it Boen but
              when Mack signed it, it looks more like Bone. Thank you again. I hope I can
              help you sometime.
              Sincerely,
              Jean Bowen
              Gullick99@...

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 7, 2005
                Jean

                Email me a copy of Mack's marriage certificate so
                I can see what the signature looks like.

                You are welcome for the Gullicks, noticed how it
                was occasionaly spelled Gullet/Gullett. Still
                have that nagging feeling we all had the same
                surname before the Huguenot emigration out of
                France in 1500s.

                And just how did so many Huguenot families round
                up in Jackson Co. AL? Some have corupted English
                or Dutch names but they can be tranced back to
                France.