Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hollytree, Mt. Nebo Church

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hollytree and Mt. Nebo Church are located in the
      Paint Rock Valley at the southern base of Brooks
      Mountain.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005

        Could you upload some of those photos at the
        Group Home Site? I am sure that everyone would
        like to see them. Anyone can upload their photos
        of Jackson County and their old family photos at
        the site.

        Clay
      • Regina
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
          I will if I can find them. We moved back to Alabama after being gone for
          fourteen years and some of our things were left in our home in Alabama and
          when we moved back we had to merge three houses together so I still have
          some things in boxes. As soon as I can locate them I will put them on the
          site.

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
            Jewel

            I am emailing you two topo maps of Hollytree and
            Mt. Nebo Church Paint Rock Valley. They are north
            of Garth.

            For others who would like to see where their
            ancestors lived google terraserver, type in a
            fairly large town in Jackson County then useing
            the East/West North/South arrows navigate to
            where you want to go, you can enlarge for a
            closer view and at the top of the chart is Aerial
            View click on that for an aerial shot, if you
            click on the map or photo it will take you closer
            in.

          • Jewel Casey

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                Yes, Regina, you are correct in saying that Paint Rock and the Princeton area would make a good Gatlinburg type area, but I hope and pray that never happens because it is so beautiful It would be a shame to waste so much beauty!!!!

                Every time we go there we are afraid someone has discovered the beauty and decided to change all that. I grew up on Lick Fork Creek that leads from Princeton up between Maxwell and Putman Mountains. I remember so many, many hard, hard days there and yet so many good memories.

                Three of my brothers and I went to school at Trenton and Princeton. We moved to Trenton in 1936 and back to the same area in 1938. I started school in Trenton in 1937 and transferred to Princeton in January 1938.

                We moved to Huntland, Franklin County, TN in January 1945. Why always moving in January? Because my parents were tenant farmers and daddy was always looking for a better deal and a better house to live in.

                My dad was Calvin Monroe Hambrick 1897-1984 born in Hambrick Sinks near Princeton, son of David Wesley Hambrick and Demarius (Vann) Hambrick. He married Margaret Eliza Anderson in 1916 in Jackson County, AL. Mama was born 1901 and died 1982, daughter of Thomas Holland Anderson and Nancy Emaline (Fanning) Anderson, living in the same area or near Princeton as my dad and his family did. They had nine children losing the first four children, three were daughters and a son and then lost another son who was next to last baby. I'm the only daughter who survived. I have two older brothers and one younger brother.

                I loved the beautiful school at Princeton!! It is still a beautiful school So many good memories shade out most of the unpleasant ones.

                Thanks a million
                Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey
                Tullahoma, TN