Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: ROUSSOU, Amanda J. wife of Charles BURROW

  • Gullick99@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi Clay,
      I just noticed how you listed all the way your name has been spelled. My
      husband's given name is "Gullick". This was his grandmother's maiden name. We
      have not been able to find anything on this family. HIs greatgrand father was
      Patrick Henry Gullick of Red Lick, Arkansas. Census shows him born in MO. Do
      you have him in your line? Any information would be greatly appreciated. All
      your post are so helpful. Thanks you.
      Jean Bowen
      Gullick99@...

    • treinfelder@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
        Ann -

        Would you please e-mail me so I can talk to you about the Rosson family? I would greatly appreciate getting/hearing any information you have on the family. Amanda would have been my gg grandmother.

        Thank you so much!

        Toni

        The census enumerator's handwriting is not clear, but the correct spelling
        for Amanda who married the Burrow is ROSSON. Joseph and Elizabeth (Riddle)
        Rosson are my ancestors. Joseph Rosson was in the War of 1812, and his
        grave has been marked with a military marker in Liberty Cemetery.
        Ann Chambless

        Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
          Jean

          The Gullatts and Gullicks are seperate families,
          at least now, I think at one time the
          Gulletts/Gullicks were probably the same family
          in France. With the persecution of the Huguenots
          in 1500s many of them left emigrating to England,
          Ireland, the Netherlands, Scotland, Switzerland
          and Germany. Gullick being the Dutch/Germany
          spelling of the name. So I think there is a
          relationship. I am willing to call cousin anyone
          who wants, including my African American cousins.

          The Gulletts went to the English speaking
          countries the Gullicks to the Netherlands and
          Germany. Each stayed about a hunderds years in
          those countries before emigrating to America.
          Gulletts to MD from England ca 1660-1675. William
          Gullett arrived Somerset Co. MD 1671. Gulletts
          and Gullicks emigrated just about to the same
          place and at just about the same time, Gullett to
          MD. Gullicks to MD, NJ, DE, NY.

          My John Gullett/Gullatt (b.1711 d. Aug?1753)and
          his parents were in St.Stephens Parish, Cecil
          County MD at same time (1700-1753) as there was a
          John Gullick in that county. This John Gullick
          moved to NC. I have traced and verified the
          ancestry of Permila Ann Gullick (back to her
          father and mother, anyway)who married Sion B.
          Redwine because everyone listed her as a Gullatt.
          She was born in AL moved to MS, then she and some
          of her Gullick kinfolk moved to ARK. Permila
          Ann's parents were born in TN.

          Send me what you have on Patrick Henry Gullick
          and I will see what I can find.

          Clay Gullatt
        • Gullick99@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2005
            Clay,
            Thank you so much for your replay. You are so much help to so many people.
            What we know about Patrick Henry Gullick is very slim. As so many, we waited
            to late to ask questions. Everyone that could help is already gone. He was
            born about 1847 in Arkansas. Lived most of his life in Nevada County. His
            first wife was name Nancy ? Second wife was Etta ? There were five children
            born to first marriage. James M. born about 1868, Joseph V. born about 1870,
            Julia Ann born about 1873 (my husband's grandmother), married Seborn Cross also
            from Nevada County, William F Gullick born about 1872 and Fannie Gullick born
            1880. All lived in Nevada County, AR all of their lives. Would love to know
            who his parents were. Thank you for any information. It will be greatly
            appreciated. I have not worked a lot on this line, have been searching for the
            Bowen line in Jackson County, AL with no luck. The Bowens just appeared in
            Jackson County in 1900 (two brothers) both married to Jackson County ladies.
            Jean Bowen
            Gullick99@...

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 6, 2005
              Jean

              While we have had no luck with your Bowen line.
              Patrick Henry Gullick was easy I just needed to
              find time to do it all.

              1850 Canuse Township, Hempstead Co AR
              Jephtha Gullick 37 farmer b. TN
              Catherine 25 AR
              Patrick H. 3 AR
              Caroline 2Months AR
              Gideon Cauie?? 19 Aalorer AR
              Elizabeth Mathews 47 OH (this might be
              Catherine's Mother, just a guess)

              1860 Carouse Township Ouachita Co. AR
              J. Gullett 45 Farmer Unknown (note name change)
              Patrick H. 13 AR
              C. Frances 9 AR (Caroline)
              Sarah E. 7 AR
              Narcissa B. 4 AR
              Nancy J. 2 AR

              1880 Redlard Township,Dist 212 Nevada Co. AR
              House 82
              P.H. Gullick 33 Farmer ARK MO ARK
              N.R. 33 Wife Keeps House ARK AL AL (maybe A.R.)
              James M. 12 Son
              Joseph V. 10 Son
              Julia A. 7 Dau
              William F. 6
              Fannie 0/12 b. May

              House 72
              R.N. McNeely 51 Farmer AR MO MO
              Kimeshn 49 Wife TN - -
              N.D. Gullet 23 Boarder ARK - -
              Josie Gullet 20 Boarder ARK - -

              1900 Reland TS, Nevada Co. AR
              House 308
              Patrick Gullick Head Dec 1846 53Mar.13yrs AR MO
              AR Farmer
              Ida Wife Jul 1855 44 Mar.13yrs 4child/1living AR
              AR TN
              Ella Dau Apr 1885 15
              James Son Jul 1889
              James M. Nicholson boarder May 1827 73 TN TN TN
              Claborne Gillett black Boarder Apr 1880 AR AR AR
              Farmer

              House 309
              William Gullick Head Mar 1874 26 Mar.2yrs AR
              Farmer
              Della Wife Feb 1880 20 Mar.2yrs 1child/1living AR
              Hesty Dau Aug 1899 10Months

              1910 Redland TS, Nevada Co. AR
              House 102
              Patrick H. Gullick Head 63 mar.twice 12yrs? AR AL
              AR Farmer
              Ida V. Wife 54 mar.twice 12yrs?? AR MS MS
              Ella F. Dau 25 Singel AR AR AR

              House 75 William F. Gullick Head 36 Mar.Once
              11yrs AR AR AR
              Della Wife 30 Mar.Once 11 yrs AR AR AR
              Hester Dau 10 AR
              Grace 1 Dau AR

              1920 Redland, Nevada, AR
              Patrick H. Gullick Head 72 AR US US Farmer
              Etta L. 39 Wife AR AR AR

              1930 Redland, Nevada, AR
              House 205
              Etta Gullick 49 Gullick Widow AR AR AR Overseer
              Farm

              House 206
              W.F. Gullick 56 Age at 1st Mar.44 AR AR AR Farmer
              Lizzy Wife 52 Age at 1st Mar.40

              Clay
            • Gullick99@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2005
                Clay,
                How can I thank you? You are so generous with your time. Thank you, Thank
                you. I really do appreciate all this information more than you know. I know,
                the Bowens are another story. I think their name before 1900 was spelled
                either Boen or Bone. On Mack's marriage certificate the clerk spelled it Boen but
                when Mack signed it, it looks more like Bone. Thank you again. I hope I can
                help you sometime.
                Sincerely,
                Jean Bowen
                Gullick99@...

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 7, 2005
                  Jean

                  Email me a copy of Mack's marriage certificate so
                  I can see what the signature looks like.

                  You are welcome for the Gullicks, noticed how it
                  was occasionaly spelled Gullet/Gullett. Still
                  have that nagging feeling we all had the same
                  surname before the Huguenot emigration out of
                  France in 1500s.

                  And just how did so many Huguenot families round
                  up in Jackson Co. AL? Some have corupted English
                  or Dutch names but they can be tranced back to
                  France.