WELLS family cemetery

  • Pat Alexander
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
      A member of Northeast Alabama Genealogical Society is trying to find information on a WELLS Family Cemetery. This one isn't listed on the USGenWeb site, nor is it listed in the Historical Atlas of Alabama, Vol. 2 by W. Craig Remington.

      This lady is not online and I'm trying to ask for her.

      Would any of you have any information on this? Her ancestor is Nicholas Smith WELLS, 1812-1885, born in England or New York. The other is Lavina P. Vann Wells, bn Anderson, SC 1824-1880. Both supposedly buried in Wells Cemetery. Their sons were Obediah, Van, William And John.

      A round of applause for all of you. This list is amazing in the unselfish way you share information. I'm on several mail lists, dollhouses, Tole painting, genealogy, but this list is the most co-operative and helpful that I've ever seen. Thanks to each of you. And Clay...how on earth do you manage all you do? I know you must have at least 56 hours in every day.

      Pat Alexander
      Jacksonville, AL

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
        Pat

        I have them on the 1850/60 Anderson Co SC, 1870
        Etowah Co. AL, 1880 Township 4 Range 3 Jackson
        Co.

        Could not find a Wells Cemetery as Debbie could
        not. The only place I found was a Wells Ford in
        the Paint Rock Valley.

        They had one more son Elias S. b. 1860. Van was
        Nicholas Vann Wells. Have the girls names if you
        want.

        If it is a family cemetery on the land they
        patented in the 1880s finding that on the
        Township and Range Map may give a clue to where
        the cemetery is. Nicholas's was 1 Mar 1885 so he
        died after that.

        Have had insomnia since open heart surgery 5
        years ago, pills don't work or make me unable to
        do anything the next day. The surgeon said it
        would give me 20 more years so looking forward to
        another 15 years, 85 me? One GGGgrandfather did
        live to 102 b.1750 d.1852 fought in RW with his
        father and in 1812.

        Maybe by the time I go they will have more than
        the 15 per cent of all genealogical records on
        the internet that they have now but I wouldn't
        bet on it.