My visit

  • diann12954
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 25 9:21 PM
      I just returned to Maryland from a week long visit to family and the
      libraries in Jackson County. I spent alot of time in Scottsboro and
      Stevenson. I wish to say thank you to all the members of this group
      for the information that was given to me. Mrs. Dean at the Heritage
      Center was wonderful and so helpful. The librarians were great
      especially at the Scottsboro Public Library. Unfortunately, I did not
      get everything done and had to cut my trip short due to sudden illness
      in the famly.
      I just wanted to write and express my heartfelt appreciation for the
      hospitality shown in that wonderful county. You are so lucky to live
      there and may God Bless you all. Keep up the great work.

      Diann
    • Nelda Thompson
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 14, 2005
        I found 2 Halloway families living side by side on 1870 census 8th Civil
        Dist Marian Co.,TN

        John Halloway 42 b. TN

        Jimmie 31 b. AL

        Jerry 14 b. GA

        Susan 11 b. GA

        James B. 8 b. GA

        Isaac A. 2 b. TN

        Sarah J. 1 mon b. TN

        Andrew J. Halloway 35 b. GA

        Emily 38 b. GA

        Sarah 12 b. AL

        Newton 8 b. AL

        Hope this may be the correct Newton Halloway

        Nelda Thompson

        _____