Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County genealogy chat room

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
      OK Jim, sorry I missed you there but I was away from my computer when you
      checked in. Hope the chat room can have some lively dicussions about
      Jackson County's past generations.

      Feel free to post to the mailing list to invite folks to join you in the
      chat room.

      Richard

      At 10:45 AM 8/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
      >Richard and all,
      > I accessed the chatroom and I am glad that it is "open for business."
      >Jim Kirby

    • Regina
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
        Richard,
        I went to the web site but I couldn't really tell what to do. I guess if I
        read the directions it would have helped. Now I can't get back on.

        Regina
        regina.pipes@...

        Looking for GOLD, WININGER, GRIDER, COOLEY, SMITH
      • DrKirby25@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
          Thanks Richard, I shall see you again some time in the room.
          Jim
        • Richard Matthews
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
            I just had a question sent to me by a nice lady asking if I knew of any
            unusual barns in our area. She is interested in architecture, history, and
            other significance relating to the barns. Even a Rock City barn would be of
            interest to her. Anyone have any ideas about barns in Jackson County? She
            will also need driving directions. She wants to photograph any significant
            barns.

            Richard

            At 11:01 AM 8/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
            >Thanks Richard, I shall see you again some time in the room.
            >Jim

          • Richard Matthews
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
              Congratulations group . . . we now have a membership of 130 intersted in
              jackson County Alabama genealogy on this list

              Good to have everyone of you as a member

              Richard
            • dkjrmcg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
                Thank you. Johnny
              • Robin Daley
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 9, 2000
                  these brown's don't appear to be related to me, but thought you might be interested in my brown family: i am descended from james brown (b. circa 1780) from sand mountain area, dekalb cty al.