[jacksongenealogy] Jackson County genealogy chat room

  • DrKirby25@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
      Richard and all,
      I accessed the chatroom and I am glad that it is "open for business."
      Jim Kirby
    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
        OK Jim, sorry I missed you there but I was away from my computer when you
        checked in. Hope the chat room can have some lively dicussions about
        Jackson County's past generations.

        Feel free to post to the mailing list to invite folks to join you in the
        chat room.

        Richard

        At 10:45 AM 8/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
        >Richard and all,
        > I accessed the chatroom and I am glad that it is "open for business."
        >Jim Kirby

      • Regina
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
          Richard,
          I went to the web site but I couldn't really tell what to do. I guess if I
          read the directions it would have helped. Now I can't get back on.

          Regina
          regina.pipes@...

          Looking for GOLD, WININGER, GRIDER, COOLEY, SMITH
        • DrKirby25@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
            Thanks Richard, I shall see you again some time in the room.
            Jim
          • Richard Matthews
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
              I just had a question sent to me by a nice lady asking if I knew of any
              unusual barns in our area. She is interested in architecture, history, and
              other significance relating to the barns. Even a Rock City barn would be of
              interest to her. Anyone have any ideas about barns in Jackson County? She
              will also need driving directions. She wants to photograph any significant
              barns.

              Richard

              At 11:01 AM 8/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
              >Thanks Richard, I shall see you again some time in the room.
              >Jim

            • Richard Matthews
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
                Congratulations group . . . we now have a membership of 130 intersted in
                jackson County Alabama genealogy on this list

                Good to have everyone of you as a member

                Richard
              • dkjrmcg@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 8, 2000
                  Thank you. Johnny
                • Robin Daley
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 9, 2000
                    these brown's don't appear to be related to me, but thought you might be interested in my brown family: i am descended from james brown (b. circa 1780) from sand mountain area, dekalb cty al.