[jacksongenealogy] Jackson County genealogy chat room

  • KLinge6131@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8 7:17 AM
      Hi, I have searched for Alexander Brown, Jackson Co. for death or burial. He
      was in 1860 and 70 census there. His second wife is buried at Liberty Hill
      cemetery, Sand Mountain. She was a lot younger than he. Found his marriage to
      her Louisa Lunsford Bullard in Jackson Co. marriages. Out side of that I
      can't find him. Know he issued at least four children by first wife Nancy.
      Mary, Robert, Alexander Jr. and Stephen or Steven Abe and probably George
      Alex, 1832 born in Ga. Then he issued 3 by second wife. Which I do know and
      have contact with. There must be some of these Brown's still in Jackson Co.
      Al. Doe's anyone recognize any of these names? Thank you. K. M. Lingenfelter,
      PSL, FL.
    • DrKirby25@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 8 7:45 AM
        Richard and all,
        I accessed the chatroom and I am glad that it is "open for business."
        Jim Kirby
      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8 7:48 AM
          OK Jim, sorry I missed you there but I was away from my computer when you
          checked in. Hope the chat room can have some lively dicussions about
          Jackson County's past generations.

          Feel free to post to the mailing list to invite folks to join you in the
          chat room.

          Richard

          At 10:45 AM 8/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
          >Richard and all,
          > I accessed the chatroom and I am glad that it is "open for business."
          >Jim Kirby

        • Regina
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8 7:58 AM
            Richard,
            I went to the web site but I couldn't really tell what to do. I guess if I
            read the directions it would have helped. Now I can't get back on.

            Regina
            regina.pipes@...

            Looking for GOLD, WININGER, GRIDER, COOLEY, SMITH
          • DrKirby25@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8 8:01 AM
              Thanks Richard, I shall see you again some time in the room.
              Jim
            • Richard Matthews
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8 8:05 AM
                I just had a question sent to me by a nice lady asking if I knew of any
                unusual barns in our area. She is interested in architecture, history, and
                other significance relating to the barns. Even a Rock City barn would be of
                interest to her. Anyone have any ideas about barns in Jackson County? She
                will also need driving directions. She wants to photograph any significant
                barns.

                Richard

                At 11:01 AM 8/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
                >Thanks Richard, I shall see you again some time in the room.
                >Jim

              • Richard Matthews
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 8 8:25 AM
                  Congratulations group . . . we now have a membership of 130 intersted in
                  jackson County Alabama genealogy on this list

                  Good to have everyone of you as a member

                  Richard
                • dkjrmcg@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 8 10:10 AM
                    Thank you. Johnny
                  • Robin Daley
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 9 9:42 PM
                      these brown's don't appear to be related to me, but thought you might be interested in my brown family: i am descended from james brown (b. circa 1780) from sand mountain area, dekalb cty al.