Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fayette Turner

  • Raymond Shirley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
      J Casey wrote:

      > There are some Turner families in Jackson County 1880, but not listed as
      > Fayette Turner. Could you give some possible birth dates, wife or children?
      > Jewel

      I'm grasping at straws. I saw in a listing of marriages in Jackson County, AL,
      where a Fayette Turner married a Julia Cloud in 1872. I do not have a Julia in
      my Cloud data. However, George L. Cloud died during the Civil War and left a
      young widow with two small children. I have been unable to learn the name of
      George's wife. I though perhaps this Julia might be George's widow.