Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fayette Turner

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      There are some Turner families in Jackson County 1880, but not listed as
      Fayette Turner. Could you give some possible birth dates, wife or children?
      Jewel
      > Will someone check the 1880 census for Jackson County for a listing for
      > Fayette Turner. Thank you.
      > Ray Shirley

    • Raymond Shirley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
        J Casey wrote:

        > There are some Turner families in Jackson County 1880, but not listed as
        > Fayette Turner. Could you give some possible birth dates, wife or children?
        > Jewel

        I'm grasping at straws. I saw in a listing of marriages in Jackson County, AL,
        where a Fayette Turner married a Julia Cloud in 1872. I do not have a Julia in
        my Cloud data. However, George L. Cloud died during the Civil War and left a
        young widow with two small children. I have been unable to learn the name of
        George's wife. I though perhaps this Julia might be George's widow.