Ballard /Hawkins

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2005
      Clay see if you can find anything Cordelia Ballard. Here is what I have
      Cordelia Ballard married George Hawkins 11 mar 1875 in jackson county
      Al at brides mothers house acording to marriage records.
      1880 census Jackson county AL
      George Hawkins age 42 born england mother and father b: england
      C.S. Hawkins age 31 born TN mother and father B:Tn
      Mary F " age 4 b:AL
      J.W " age 2 b: AL

      When I was at my cousins house saturday found this in a book that one
      of my uncles had done on the family.
      Hanner Ann Cordelia Ballard
      b:Cumberland Gap TN
      d:Pottsville AK
      I think hanner maybe Hannah.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2005
        Frances

        Hannah Ballard 11 b. TN is on 1860 in the
        household of her mother Edna 37 b. TN and
        step-father Edmond Penson 53 b.GA (indexer's
        spelling, I believe the name in Pinseau or Pinsau
        a French surname pronounced Pin so)in Township 4
        Range 5E. By 1870 Edmond is dead.

        1870 Township 2 Range 4 Jackson Co. AL
        Edney D. Pinsan 47 TN
        Sarah E. 11 AL
        Anderson T. 9 AL
        Ann C. Ballard 21 TN
        Martha J. 19 AL

        Martha J. is not on the 1860 and the way she is
        listed she must be a Ballard also.

        Could not find them in TN 1850. Will check on the
        rest later.

        How did so many French Huguenots make it down
        into Jackson County? Mine included.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2005
          Frances

          George and C.E. Hawkins indexed on 1900 Stevenson
          Jackson Co. she says 10children 6 living. Will
          catch up with the rest when I have time. 1900
          last census found in Jackson Co.