Re: [jacksongenealogy] Price
- I have a few Price's in my files. Maybe this can help:
- Sarah L. Williams, born 1835, wife of Samuel Joseph Price. Sarah was from Jackson county, but died in Evansville, Arkansas.
- Sallie Colston (often a nickname for Sarah), born
about 1830, wife of Joseph Price.
- Sarah Wofford, born abt. 1850, wife of Looney Price.
- Sarah Robidet Price, born abt.1838, daughter of James Sterling Price and Annie Wolf. Sarah's brother John married Catherine McDaniel.
- Sarah Price, born abt. 1850, wife of Alexander Sutton.
If you have any more information to narrow this search, I would be glad to keep looking through my files.Dana Keys----- Original Message -----
- John H Price, born abt. 1838, husband of Ruth Ann Starr, son of Charles Clayborn Price and Elvira Nave.
From: Richard Matthews
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 8:53 AM
Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Help
Can anyone on the list help this person?
I am presently trying to find out information about an ancestor of mine. Her
name was Sarrah Price. She lived in Woodville in 1840. I don't know what her
maiden name was or what her husband's name, my 4x's great-grandfather. Those
are the exact things that I desperately need to know to help me over this
stump that I've hit on my search. Their son was named John Price and he
moved to Arkansas after your 1840 census. John's wife was Elizabeth Gibson
Price. I don't know if you can help me find out any information on these
questions, but I would be much abliged if you can either help me or give a
lead to where I might be able to find this information. Any relitives that I
know of haven't been able to help and the ones that could have helped are no
longer living or can't remember that far back. Again any help that you are
able to give me will be apreciated. Finding relatives in Alaska that know
about my branch of the family is not an easy thing to do.
Thanking you in Advance,
- I have Sarah E. Price b. 1825 m. Washington McFarlane, b. 1827.
both died in jackson Co. and are buried in Rocky Spgs. Cem. Jackson Co.
Mary Winn Anderson
I don't know if any of this helps, but I'll chance it. Just got back from
Wales and there are many, many Price familes. Closer to home, I live in
York Co, SC and there are many but in Cherokee Co. which was part of the
old Spartanburgh District, there were many in very early history. If you
have any Price connections in 1780's in upstate SC, I will try to help.