Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: 'The Heritage of Jackson County'

  • kathy hallman
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
      Roni
      Thanks for the information and the time you took in looking it up for me. Maybe I can repay the favor. Thanks again Kathy

      princessozma <princessozma@...> wrote:
      Kathy,

      I only found one reference to any of your surnames. On page 133, I
      found a reference to a Sarah Crabtree.

      "Mary Ann Reid was the third wife of George Reed. His first wife was
      Sintha ? and his second wife was probably SARAH CRABTREE REED who is
      buried in the Prince Cemetery at Larkin Fork. SARAH A. CRABTREE married
      a Geroge Reed 14 June, 1853, ceremony performed by Ferman Fowler, JP."

      --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
      Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
      1986.

      Hope this can help!
      Roni Beavers Jensen

      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
        Roni
        Do you know if there are any Wallers in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
        Maybe Abner Waller Jr and Emily Parker. My GGgrandparents.
        Thank you
        Chuck Boyd

      • princessozma
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
          Chuck,
          In the book I find an Estamae Waller, Fannie Lee Waller, and Josephine
          Waller. As to Parker, I find James Paul, Kenneth Lee, and Lily N.
          Parker.

          If you want any of those transcribed, let me know and I will be glad to
          do it.

          Roni Beavers Jensen
        • zrcb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 10, 2005
            Roni
            Thanks a lot for the fast response to my email. I will get back to you I
            have to look a little closer at those names.
            Chuck

          • sromanek
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 11, 2005
              Vickie,
              Thanks for the offer. Can you please tell me if there are any Kirksey or Dover names in the book. I may ask for more later if you do not mind.

              Thanks again,
              Sharon Dover Romanek
              Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
              Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

              Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

              It's 2005... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                Romia, Does this book have anything in it abouth
                the SHAVERS family in it? THANK YOU Pam Shavers
                Kelley

                pam have a good day GOD love you

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • princessozma
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                  Pam,

                  I find an Addie Shaver and a Kelly Shaver. Are these family? If so,
                  let me know and I will transcribe the info for you. Addie is actually
                  mentioned in "Paint Rock Pioneers" on 8 pages, both as a contributor
                  and as subject.

                  Take care!

                  Roni Beavers Jensen
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 16, 2005
                    The Guntersville Flooded Cemetery File compiled
                    by Will Peek from NARA Sources and the Jackson
                    Co. Mega CemFile compiled by Mark Klan for
                    ALGENWEB soures is now at the group home site
                    under LINKS so I will no longer be sending them
                    unless requested.

                    There are sections to upload you photos, bible
                    records and other documents at the group home
                    site. This is a good way to ensure they are not
                    lost. I am sure that many of us would like to see
                    your old photos of ancestors and Jackson County.

                    Another way is to upload them at your family
                    surname message board at www.rootsweb.com a free
                    site. If you want to see any old photos of the
                    Gullatts and their family bibles they are on the
                    Gullatt surname message board.

                    Visit our group home site that Richard Matthews
                    our group owner maintains and see what is new.

                    Another matter is, some time ago Richard asked
                    for opinions on being allowed to add attachments
                    to messages posted on our group. I would like
                    comments on that please.

                    The attachments would be strictly restricted to
                    things of a genealogical and historical nature
                    that pertain to Jackson County and it families.
                    No politics and no religion unless it is of a
                    historical nature and directly pertains to
                    someone in Jackson County. The fact that your
                    ancestor was a minister of a church or your
                    ancestor held a political office would be of
                    interest and permitted, what beliefs they held
                    and the details of their politics would not be.
                    And certainly nothing about politics or religion
                    of today, there are other places for that.

                    Clay Gullatt