Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: 'The Heritage of Jackson County'

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
      Roni: Thanks for the information. These Rodgers are a bit later than the
      ones I am looking for; however it helps to know that there were some
      Rodgers, with that spelling, in Jackson Co. I am going to keep this in my
      files - just in case...I always wondered what was in that book, if anything,
      and now I know. That's a big help and thanks again. Sharon

      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
        Roni
        Thanks for the information and the time you took in looking it up for me. Maybe I can repay the favor. Thanks again Kathy

        princessozma <princessozma@...> wrote:
        Kathy,

        I only found one reference to any of your surnames. On page 133, I
        found a reference to a Sarah Crabtree.

        "Mary Ann Reid was the third wife of George Reed. His first wife was
        Sintha ? and his second wife was probably SARAH CRABTREE REED who is
        buried in the Prince Cemetery at Larkin Fork. SARAH A. CRABTREE married
        a Geroge Reed 14 June, 1853, ceremony performed by Ferman Fowler, JP."

        --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
        Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
        1986.

        Hope this can help!
        Roni Beavers Jensen

        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
          Roni
          Do you know if there are any Wallers in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
          Maybe Abner Waller Jr and Emily Parker. My GGgrandparents.
          Thank you
          Chuck Boyd

        • princessozma
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
            Chuck,
            In the book I find an Estamae Waller, Fannie Lee Waller, and Josephine
            Waller. As to Parker, I find James Paul, Kenneth Lee, and Lily N.
            Parker.

            If you want any of those transcribed, let me know and I will be glad to
            do it.

            Roni Beavers Jensen
          • zrcb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 10, 2005
              Roni
              Thanks a lot for the fast response to my email. I will get back to you I
              have to look a little closer at those names.
              Chuck

            • sromanek
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 11, 2005
                Vickie,
                Thanks for the offer. Can you please tell me if there are any Kirksey or Dover names in the book. I may ask for more later if you do not mind.

                Thanks again,
                Sharon Dover Romanek
                Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

                Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

                It's 2005... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                  Romia, Does this book have anything in it abouth
                  the SHAVERS family in it? THANK YOU Pam Shavers
                  Kelley

                  pam have a good day GOD love you

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • princessozma
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                    Pam,

                    I find an Addie Shaver and a Kelly Shaver. Are these family? If so,
                    let me know and I will transcribe the info for you. Addie is actually
                    mentioned in "Paint Rock Pioneers" on 8 pages, both as a contributor
                    and as subject.

                    Take care!

                    Roni Beavers Jensen
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 16, 2005
                      The Guntersville Flooded Cemetery File compiled
                      by Will Peek from NARA Sources and the Jackson
                      Co. Mega CemFile compiled by Mark Klan for
                      ALGENWEB soures is now at the group home site
                      under LINKS so I will no longer be sending them
                      unless requested.

                      There are sections to upload you photos, bible
                      records and other documents at the group home
                      site. This is a good way to ensure they are not
                      lost. I am sure that many of us would like to see
                      your old photos of ancestors and Jackson County.

                      Another way is to upload them at your family
                      surname message board at www.rootsweb.com a free
                      site. If you want to see any old photos of the
                      Gullatts and their family bibles they are on the
                      Gullatt surname message board.

                      Visit our group home site that Richard Matthews
                      our group owner maintains and see what is new.

                      Another matter is, some time ago Richard asked
                      for opinions on being allowed to add attachments
                      to messages posted on our group. I would like
                      comments on that please.

                      The attachments would be strictly restricted to
                      things of a genealogical and historical nature
                      that pertain to Jackson County and it families.
                      No politics and no religion unless it is of a
                      historical nature and directly pertains to
                      someone in Jackson County. The fact that your
                      ancestor was a minister of a church or your
                      ancestor held a political office would be of
                      interest and permitted, what beliefs they held
                      and the details of their politics would not be.
                      And certainly nothing about politics or religion
                      of today, there are other places for that.

                      Clay Gullatt