Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: 'The Heritage of Jackson County'

  • Gullick99@aol.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
      Hi Sharon,
      Just noticed your list of surnames and I am also looking for Rogers/Rodgers
      in Jackson County. What are the names of your Rogers? I would be grateful for
      any information on this line.
      Jean Bowen
      Gullick99@...

    • kathy hallman
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 4, 2005
        I am the descendant of Elias P Wilbanks who is a brother to William Wilbanks who I believe is Lucy Jane Wilbanks father. I think I have most of the information for Lucy line of Wilbanks.
        Thanks Kathy

        Cynthia Pugliese <capugliese@...> wrote:
        Kathy,

        I have a Wilbanks in my genealogy file. I have a Lucy Jane Wilbanks marrying Ernest Harrison Evans. Ernest Harrison Evans was the son of Russell Leander Evans and Susan C. Hulda Kay. They had 6 children. Is Lucy part of your line? If you'd like more info, let me know

        Cynthia Pugliese
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
          Sharon,

          The only surnames that I found in your list were Rodgers. Here is
          what I found listed in the chapter about Paint Rock Cemetery:

          "RODGERS"
          Vivian Odell
          Feb.2, 1933 Nov. 6, 1922
          Nov. 12, 1980
          Married July 2, 1950
          "He is just away"

          --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
          Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
          1986. P.8

          Sorry I was not more help.

          Roni Beavers Jensen
        • princessozma
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
            Kathy,

            I only found one reference to any of your surnames. On page 133, I
            found a reference to a Sarah Crabtree.

            "Mary Ann Reid was the third wife of George Reed. His first wife was
            Sintha ? and his second wife was probably SARAH CRABTREE REED who is
            buried in the Prince Cemetery at Larkin Fork. SARAH A. CRABTREE married
            a Geroge Reed 14 June, 1853, ceremony performed by Ferman Fowler, JP."

            --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
            Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
            1986.

            Hope this can help!
            Roni Beavers Jensen
          • princessozma
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
              Robert,

              This is what I found in "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye
              Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall
              Shaver. Published 1986.

              "W.M. BEAVER
              Born Oct. 1, 1808
              Died Nov. 25th, 1875
              Age 67 years, 1 month, & 25 days
              "Blessed are the pure in heart
              for they shall see God"
              Erected by his son J.L. Beaver"

              This is found on page 153 in the chapter about Old Taliaferro
              (Tolliver) Cemetery.

              On page 245, in the chapter about Houston Hollow Cemetery, I found
              the following:

              "There is only one grave here--Township 1 South, Range 4 East,
              Section 24, near Estill Fork. The grave is that of * JAMES
              ROBERTSON, father of Tommy, Johnny, and Susan Robertson. It is in
              the middle of a field with an iron fence around it, but no tombstone.
              The James W. Robertson who bought land in this section on 18 October,
              1855 probably is the father of the above James Robertson.
              * James Robertson married Mary Matthews 25 January, 1866. Their
              children:
              1. Tommy Robertson married Emma Reed
              2. Johnny Robertson married a sister of Emma Reed
              3. Susan E. Robertson married a Money "

              Re: James M. Robertson

              On page 128, chapter on Clay Cemetery, I found: "James M. Robertson
              Aug. 5, 1858 Nov. 16, 1937" "James M. Robertson married first
              his cousin, Martha A. Robertson and second her sister, Johnnie Dixie
              Robertson, daughters of Richard C. and Mary S. Robertson."
              his wife is listed on page 129: "Marth A. Robertson Wife of James
              M. Robertson Nov. 9th, 1866 Departed this life Feb. 10th,
              1894 "She opened her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue was the law
              of kindness"

              BTW, their are alot of Robertson/Robinson in this book. They are one
              of my primary families.

              In addition, I found on page 166 the following:

              "1850 Jackson County Census:
              Francis H. Robinson 47 TN (widow of Peter Robertson)
              JAMES M. ROBINSON 19 AL
              Jonas C. Robinson 16 AL
              John R. Robinson 14 AL
              Thomas J. Robinson 12 AL
              Hickman Robinson 10 AL
              Edward Robinson 8 AL
              Warning P. Robinson 4 AL"

              Hope this helps, Cousin!!!

              Roni Beavers Jensen
            • Robert Patterson

                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                  Roni: Thanks for the information. These Rodgers are a bit later than the
                  ones I am looking for; however it helps to know that there were some
                  Rodgers, with that spelling, in Jackson Co. I am going to keep this in my
                  files - just in case...I always wondered what was in that book, if anything,
                  and now I know. That's a big help and thanks again. Sharon

                  > The only surnames that I found in your list were Rodgers. Here is
                  > what I found listed in the chapter about Paint Rock Cemetery:
                  >
                  > "RODGERS"
                  > Vivian Odell
                  > Feb.2, 1933 Nov. 6, 1922
                  > Nov. 12, 1980
                  > Married July 2, 1950
                  > "He is just away"
                  >

                  > --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                  > Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                  > 1986. P.8
                  >

                  > Sorry I was not more help.
                  >
                  > Roni Beavers Jensen
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • kathy hallman

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                      Roni
                      Do you know if there are any Wallers in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
                      Maybe Abner Waller Jr and Emily Parker. My GGgrandparents.
                      Thank you
                      Chuck Boyd

                    • princessozma
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                        Chuck,
                        In the book I find an Estamae Waller, Fannie Lee Waller, and Josephine
                        Waller. As to Parker, I find James Paul, Kenneth Lee, and Lily N.
                        Parker.

                        If you want any of those transcribed, let me know and I will be glad to
                        do it.

                        Roni Beavers Jensen
                      • zrcb@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 10, 2005
                          Roni
                          Thanks a lot for the fast response to my email. I will get back to you I
                          have to look a little closer at those names.
                          Chuck

                        • sromanek
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 11, 2005
                            Vickie,
                            Thanks for the offer. Can you please tell me if there are any Kirksey or Dover names in the book. I may ask for more later if you do not mind.

                            Thanks again,
                            Sharon Dover Romanek
                            Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                            Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

                            Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

                            It's 2005... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                              Romia, Does this book have anything in it abouth
                              the SHAVERS family in it? THANK YOU Pam Shavers
                              Kelley

                              pam have a good day GOD love you

                              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                            • princessozma
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                                Pam,

                                I find an Addie Shaver and a Kelly Shaver. Are these family? If so,
                                let me know and I will transcribe the info for you. Addie is actually
                                mentioned in "Paint Rock Pioneers" on 8 pages, both as a contributor
                                and as subject.

                                Take care!

                                Roni Beavers Jensen
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 16, 2005
                                  The Guntersville Flooded Cemetery File compiled
                                  by Will Peek from NARA Sources and the Jackson
                                  Co. Mega CemFile compiled by Mark Klan for
                                  ALGENWEB soures is now at the group home site
                                  under LINKS so I will no longer be sending them
                                  unless requested.

                                  There are sections to upload you photos, bible
                                  records and other documents at the group home
                                  site. This is a good way to ensure they are not
                                  lost. I am sure that many of us would like to see
                                  your old photos of ancestors and Jackson County.

                                  Another way is to upload them at your family
                                  surname message board at www.rootsweb.com a free
                                  site. If you want to see any old photos of the
                                  Gullatts and their family bibles they are on the
                                  Gullatt surname message board.

                                  Visit our group home site that Richard Matthews
                                  our group owner maintains and see what is new.

                                  Another matter is, some time ago Richard asked
                                  for opinions on being allowed to add attachments
                                  to messages posted on our group. I would like
                                  comments on that please.

                                  The attachments would be strictly restricted to
                                  things of a genealogical and historical nature
                                  that pertain to Jackson County and it families.
                                  No politics and no religion unless it is of a
                                  historical nature and directly pertains to
                                  someone in Jackson County. The fact that your
                                  ancestor was a minister of a church or your
                                  ancestor held a political office would be of
                                  interest and permitted, what beliefs they held
                                  and the details of their politics would not be.
                                  And certainly nothing about politics or religion
                                  of today, there are other places for that.

                                  Clay Gullatt