Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: 'The Heritage of Jackson County'

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
      Roni: I have also written to Vicki and I think both of you are wonderful to
      offer help to the rest of us! I am just going to throw in a few surnames of
      my line who lived in Jackson Co. in the late 1800's and early 1900"s. When
      you get around to it, maybe you can just tell me if any of these names are
      in the book:

      TRIBBLE
      CRONKRIGHT (Conkright)
      DuSHANE
      HARRIS
      ROGERS/RODGERS

      Thanks....My name is Sharon and you can email me at: jenlou@...

        > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
        > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
        > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
        > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
        > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
        >
        > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
        > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
        >

        > Roni Beavers Jensen

      • Cynthia Pugliese
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
          Kathy,

          I have a Wilbanks in my genealogy file. I have a Lucy Jane Wilbanks marrying Ernest Harrison Evans. Ernest Harrison Evans was the son of Russell Leander Evans and Susan C. Hulda Kay. They had 6 children. Is Lucy part of your line? If you'd like more info, let me know

          Cynthia Pugliese

          > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
          > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
          > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
          > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
          > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
          >
          > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
          > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
          >

          > Roni Beavers Jensen

        • Robert Patterson
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
            sarah patterson,william m. beavers,james m robertson, mary matthews looks these names for me thank you

            kathy hallman <k_hallman@...> wrote:I think it is great that you both are willing to do lookups for the group. Could you please look and see if any of the listed surnames are in either book for me before I make a trip to the library. Roe/Rowe, Crabtree and Wilbanks thanks again for all you help.

            Sharon wrote:Roni: I have also written to Vicki and I think both of you are wonderful to
            offer help to the rest of us! I am just going to throw in a few surnames of
            my line who lived in Jackson Co. in the late 1800's and early 1900"s. When
            you get around to it, maybe you can just tell me if any of these names are
            in the book:

            TRIBBLE
            CRONKRIGHT (Conkright)
            DuSHANE
            HARRIS
            ROGERS/RODGERS

            Thanks....My name is Sharon and you can email me at: jenlou@...

            > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
            > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
            > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
            > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
            > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
            >
            > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
            > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
            >

            > Roni Beavers Jensen

          • Pat Alexander
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
              Our genealogical society has these books. I will be glad to look up, but it will be Thursday before our library is open. The only day. We also have over 5000 individual files. If you don't get any help before Wednesday, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. :) Are you SURE you don't have Benjamin Phillips or James Litton Smith?

              Pat Alexander
              Jacksonville, AL
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~alneags/index.html

            • Gullick99@aol.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
                Hi Sharon,
                Just noticed your list of surnames and I am also looking for Rogers/Rodgers
                in Jackson County. What are the names of your Rogers? I would be grateful for
                any information on this line.
                Jean Bowen
                Gullick99@...

              • kathy hallman
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 4, 2005
                  I am the descendant of Elias P Wilbanks who is a brother to William Wilbanks who I believe is Lucy Jane Wilbanks father. I think I have most of the information for Lucy line of Wilbanks.
                  Thanks Kathy

                  Cynthia Pugliese <capugliese@...> wrote:
                  Kathy,

                  I have a Wilbanks in my genealogy file. I have a Lucy Jane Wilbanks marrying Ernest Harrison Evans. Ernest Harrison Evans was the son of Russell Leander Evans and Susan C. Hulda Kay. They had 6 children. Is Lucy part of your line? If you'd like more info, let me know

                  Cynthia Pugliese

                  > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
                  > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
                  > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
                  > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
                  > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
                  >
                  > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
                  > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
                  >

                  > Roni Beavers Jensen

                • princessozma
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
                    Sharon,

                    The only surnames that I found in your list were Rodgers. Here is
                    what I found listed in the chapter about Paint Rock Cemetery:

                    "RODGERS"
                    Vivian Odell
                    Feb.2, 1933 Nov. 6, 1922
                    Nov. 12, 1980
                    Married July 2, 1950
                    "He is just away"

                    --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                    Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                    1986. P.8

                    Sorry I was not more help.

                    Roni Beavers Jensen
                  • princessozma
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
                      Kathy,

                      I only found one reference to any of your surnames. On page 133, I
                      found a reference to a Sarah Crabtree.

                      "Mary Ann Reid was the third wife of George Reed. His first wife was
                      Sintha ? and his second wife was probably SARAH CRABTREE REED who is
                      buried in the Prince Cemetery at Larkin Fork. SARAH A. CRABTREE married
                      a Geroge Reed 14 June, 1853, ceremony performed by Ferman Fowler, JP."

                      --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                      Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                      1986.

                      Hope this can help!
                      Roni Beavers Jensen
                    • princessozma
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
                        Robert,

                        This is what I found in "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye
                        Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall
                        Shaver. Published 1986.

                        "W.M. BEAVER
                        Born Oct. 1, 1808
                        Died Nov. 25th, 1875
                        Age 67 years, 1 month, & 25 days
                        "Blessed are the pure in heart
                        for they shall see God"
                        Erected by his son J.L. Beaver"

                        This is found on page 153 in the chapter about Old Taliaferro
                        (Tolliver) Cemetery.

                        On page 245, in the chapter about Houston Hollow Cemetery, I found
                        the following:

                        "There is only one grave here--Township 1 South, Range 4 East,
                        Section 24, near Estill Fork. The grave is that of * JAMES
                        ROBERTSON, father of Tommy, Johnny, and Susan Robertson. It is in
                        the middle of a field with an iron fence around it, but no tombstone.
                        The James W. Robertson who bought land in this section on 18 October,
                        1855 probably is the father of the above James Robertson.
                        * James Robertson married Mary Matthews 25 January, 1866. Their
                        children:
                        1. Tommy Robertson married Emma Reed
                        2. Johnny Robertson married a sister of Emma Reed
                        3. Susan E. Robertson married a Money "

                        Re: James M. Robertson

                        On page 128, chapter on Clay Cemetery, I found: "James M. Robertson
                        Aug. 5, 1858 Nov. 16, 1937" "James M. Robertson married first
                        his cousin, Martha A. Robertson and second her sister, Johnnie Dixie
                        Robertson, daughters of Richard C. and Mary S. Robertson."
                        his wife is listed on page 129: "Marth A. Robertson Wife of James
                        M. Robertson Nov. 9th, 1866 Departed this life Feb. 10th,
                        1894 "She opened her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue was the law
                        of kindness"

                        BTW, their are alot of Robertson/Robinson in this book. They are one
                        of my primary families.

                        In addition, I found on page 166 the following:

                        "1850 Jackson County Census:
                        Francis H. Robinson 47 TN (widow of Peter Robertson)
                        JAMES M. ROBINSON 19 AL
                        Jonas C. Robinson 16 AL
                        John R. Robinson 14 AL
                        Thomas J. Robinson 12 AL
                        Hickman Robinson 10 AL
                        Edward Robinson 8 AL
                        Warning P. Robinson 4 AL"

                        Hope this helps, Cousin!!!

                        Roni Beavers Jensen
                      • Robert Patterson

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                            Roni: Thanks for the information. These Rodgers are a bit later than the
                            ones I am looking for; however it helps to know that there were some
                            Rodgers, with that spelling, in Jackson Co. I am going to keep this in my
                            files - just in case...I always wondered what was in that book, if anything,
                            and now I know. That's a big help and thanks again. Sharon

                            > The only surnames that I found in your list were Rodgers. Here is
                            > what I found listed in the chapter about Paint Rock Cemetery:
                            >
                            > "RODGERS"
                            > Vivian Odell
                            > Feb.2, 1933 Nov. 6, 1922
                            > Nov. 12, 1980
                            > Married July 2, 1950
                            > "He is just away"
                            >

                            > --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                            > Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                            > 1986. P.8
                            >

                            > Sorry I was not more help.
                            >
                            > Roni Beavers Jensen
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • kathy hallman

                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                                Roni
                                Do you know if there are any Wallers in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
                                Maybe Abner Waller Jr and Emily Parker. My GGgrandparents.
                                Thank you
                                Chuck Boyd

                              • princessozma
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                                  Chuck,
                                  In the book I find an Estamae Waller, Fannie Lee Waller, and Josephine
                                  Waller. As to Parker, I find James Paul, Kenneth Lee, and Lily N.
                                  Parker.

                                  If you want any of those transcribed, let me know and I will be glad to
                                  do it.

                                  Roni Beavers Jensen
                                • zrcb@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 10, 2005
                                    Roni
                                    Thanks a lot for the fast response to my email. I will get back to you I
                                    have to look a little closer at those names.
                                    Chuck

                                  • sromanek
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 11, 2005
                                      Vickie,
                                      Thanks for the offer. Can you please tell me if there are any Kirksey or Dover names in the book. I may ask for more later if you do not mind.

                                      Thanks again,
                                      Sharon Dover Romanek
                                      Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                                      Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

                                      Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

                                      It's 2005... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                                        Romia, Does this book have anything in it abouth
                                        the SHAVERS family in it? THANK YOU Pam Shavers
                                        Kelley

                                        pam have a good day GOD love you

                                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                      • princessozma
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                                          Pam,

                                          I find an Addie Shaver and a Kelly Shaver. Are these family? If so,
                                          let me know and I will transcribe the info for you. Addie is actually
                                          mentioned in "Paint Rock Pioneers" on 8 pages, both as a contributor
                                          and as subject.

                                          Take care!

                                          Roni Beavers Jensen
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 16, 2005
                                            The Guntersville Flooded Cemetery File compiled
                                            by Will Peek from NARA Sources and the Jackson
                                            Co. Mega CemFile compiled by Mark Klan for
                                            ALGENWEB soures is now at the group home site
                                            under LINKS so I will no longer be sending them
                                            unless requested.

                                            There are sections to upload you photos, bible
                                            records and other documents at the group home
                                            site. This is a good way to ensure they are not
                                            lost. I am sure that many of us would like to see
                                            your old photos of ancestors and Jackson County.

                                            Another way is to upload them at your family
                                            surname message board at www.rootsweb.com a free
                                            site. If you want to see any old photos of the
                                            Gullatts and their family bibles they are on the
                                            Gullatt surname message board.

                                            Visit our group home site that Richard Matthews
                                            our group owner maintains and see what is new.

                                            Another matter is, some time ago Richard asked
                                            for opinions on being allowed to add attachments
                                            to messages posted on our group. I would like
                                            comments on that please.

                                            The attachments would be strictly restricted to
                                            things of a genealogical and historical nature
                                            that pertain to Jackson County and it families.
                                            No politics and no religion unless it is of a
                                            historical nature and directly pertains to
                                            someone in Jackson County. The fact that your
                                            ancestor was a minister of a church or your
                                            ancestor held a political office would be of
                                            interest and permitted, what beliefs they held
                                            and the details of their politics would not be.
                                            And certainly nothing about politics or religion
                                            of today, there are other places for that.

                                            Clay Gullatt