Logan County,AR migration - BRYAN, ROBINSON

  • jackie morgan
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
      Chris,
      You said you found reference to BRYAN and ROBINSON families.
      What were the given names? This might answer some questions.
      Specifically looking for Martha BRYAN(T). Then any others that might accidentally show. I think she died sometime between 1870 and 1880.
      Thanks.
      Jackie Morgan

      Chris <cmroberts03@...> wrote:
      Vickie

      The only family that I am aware of migrating to Logan Co. from Jackson Co.
      Alabama are the Warren family. James and Nancy migrated to Arkansas with
      her parents, Isham & Rebecca (Morgan) Warren.

      These families resided in Carolan Valley near Booneville, Arkansas. I
      checked the Carolan Cemetery listing and I find reference to Bryan and
      Robinson families, but not any reference to Norwood. Of course this is just
      one of many cemeteries in the area.

      It's a long shot, but here are Bryan/Bryant and Robinson families found in
      the Carolan Cemetery.

      I hope it helps!

      Bryan, F. W. 1-23-1858 7/26/29 Margaret

      Bryan, Frances Eva 2-24-1887 11/21/51

      Bryan, Margaret 12-3-1859 1/17/41 F. W.

      Bryant, Infant 1/22/12 1/22/12 J. F. &
      Myrtle

      Bryant, Bertha M. 1-13-1886 7/7/77 James F.

      Bryant, James F. 7-20-1881 11/7/51 Bertha M.

      Bryant, Rebecca A. 5-11-1877 4/16/09 J. F. &
      Myrtle

      Robinson, Oadus J. 8/1/08 9/30/77 Rosa Lee

      Robinson, Rosa Lee 1/6/17 3/4/91 Oadus J.

      <http://www.whitelilycandles.com/croberts>

      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
        Roni: I have also written to Vicki and I think both of you are wonderful to
        offer help to the rest of us! I am just going to throw in a few surnames of
        my line who lived in Jackson Co. in the late 1800's and early 1900"s. When
        you get around to it, maybe you can just tell me if any of these names are
        in the book:

        TRIBBLE
        CRONKRIGHT (Conkright)
        DuSHANE
        HARRIS
        ROGERS/RODGERS

        Thanks....My name is Sharon and you can email me at: jenlou@...

          > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
          > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
          > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
          > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
          > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
          >
          > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
          > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
          >

          > Roni Beavers Jensen

        • Cynthia Pugliese
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
            Kathy,

            I have a Wilbanks in my genealogy file. I have a Lucy Jane Wilbanks marrying Ernest Harrison Evans. Ernest Harrison Evans was the son of Russell Leander Evans and Susan C. Hulda Kay. They had 6 children. Is Lucy part of your line? If you'd like more info, let me know

            Cynthia Pugliese

            > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
            > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
            > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
            > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
            > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
            >
            > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
            > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
            >

            > Roni Beavers Jensen

          • Robert Patterson
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
              sarah patterson,william m. beavers,james m robertson, mary matthews looks these names for me thank you

              kathy hallman <k_hallman@...> wrote:I think it is great that you both are willing to do lookups for the group. Could you please look and see if any of the listed surnames are in either book for me before I make a trip to the library. Roe/Rowe, Crabtree and Wilbanks thanks again for all you help.

              Sharon wrote:Roni: I have also written to Vicki and I think both of you are wonderful to
              offer help to the rest of us! I am just going to throw in a few surnames of
              my line who lived in Jackson Co. in the late 1800's and early 1900"s. When
              you get around to it, maybe you can just tell me if any of these names are
              in the book:

              TRIBBLE
              CRONKRIGHT (Conkright)
              DuSHANE
              HARRIS
              ROGERS/RODGERS

              Thanks....My name is Sharon and you can email me at: jenlou@...

              > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
              > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
              > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
              > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
              > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
              >
              > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
              > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
              >

              > Roni Beavers Jensen

            • Pat Alexander
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
                Our genealogical society has these books. I will be glad to look up, but it will be Thursday before our library is open. The only day. We also have over 5000 individual files. If you don't get any help before Wednesday, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. :) Are you SURE you don't have Benjamin Phillips or James Litton Smith?

                Pat Alexander
                Jacksonville, AL
                http://www.rootsweb.com/~alneags/index.html

              • Gullick99@aol.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 3, 2005
                  Hi Sharon,
                  Just noticed your list of surnames and I am also looking for Rogers/Rodgers
                  in Jackson County. What are the names of your Rogers? I would be grateful for
                  any information on this line.
                  Jean Bowen
                  Gullick99@...

                • kathy hallman
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 4, 2005
                    I am the descendant of Elias P Wilbanks who is a brother to William Wilbanks who I believe is Lucy Jane Wilbanks father. I think I have most of the information for Lucy line of Wilbanks.
                    Thanks Kathy

                    Cynthia Pugliese <capugliese@...> wrote:
                    Kathy,

                    I have a Wilbanks in my genealogy file. I have a Lucy Jane Wilbanks marrying Ernest Harrison Evans. Ernest Harrison Evans was the son of Russell Leander Evans and Susan C. Hulda Kay. They had 6 children. Is Lucy part of your line? If you'd like more info, let me know

                    Cynthia Pugliese

                    > When you have time, would you look up Beavers and Robertson family. My
                    > Beavers are William and Amelia. Their child that I am interested most
                    > in was Millie Rose Beavers. Millie Rose married Thomas Jefferson
                    > Robertson, the son of Warning Peter and Frances Holmes Calloway. I
                    > have also seen Warning's name as Warren.
                    >
                    > Thank you so much! BTW, I have the book, Paint Rock Pioneers and
                    > will do lookups also. I am slow though!!
                    >

                    > Roni Beavers Jensen

                  • princessozma
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
                      Sharon,

                      The only surnames that I found in your list were Rodgers. Here is
                      what I found listed in the chapter about Paint Rock Cemetery:

                      "RODGERS"
                      Vivian Odell
                      Feb.2, 1933 Nov. 6, 1922
                      Nov. 12, 1980
                      Married July 2, 1950
                      "He is just away"

                      --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                      Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                      1986. P.8

                      Sorry I was not more help.

                      Roni Beavers Jensen
                    • princessozma
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
                        Kathy,

                        I only found one reference to any of your surnames. On page 133, I
                        found a reference to a Sarah Crabtree.

                        "Mary Ann Reid was the third wife of George Reed. His first wife was
                        Sintha ? and his second wife was probably SARAH CRABTREE REED who is
                        buried in the Prince Cemetery at Larkin Fork. SARAH A. CRABTREE married
                        a Geroge Reed 14 June, 1853, ceremony performed by Ferman Fowler, JP."

                        --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                        Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                        1986.

                        Hope this can help!
                        Roni Beavers Jensen
                      • princessozma
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 8, 2005
                          Robert,

                          This is what I found in "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye
                          Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall
                          Shaver. Published 1986.

                          "W.M. BEAVER
                          Born Oct. 1, 1808
                          Died Nov. 25th, 1875
                          Age 67 years, 1 month, & 25 days
                          "Blessed are the pure in heart
                          for they shall see God"
                          Erected by his son J.L. Beaver"

                          This is found on page 153 in the chapter about Old Taliaferro
                          (Tolliver) Cemetery.

                          On page 245, in the chapter about Houston Hollow Cemetery, I found
                          the following:

                          "There is only one grave here--Township 1 South, Range 4 East,
                          Section 24, near Estill Fork. The grave is that of * JAMES
                          ROBERTSON, father of Tommy, Johnny, and Susan Robertson. It is in
                          the middle of a field with an iron fence around it, but no tombstone.
                          The James W. Robertson who bought land in this section on 18 October,
                          1855 probably is the father of the above James Robertson.
                          * James Robertson married Mary Matthews 25 January, 1866. Their
                          children:
                          1. Tommy Robertson married Emma Reed
                          2. Johnny Robertson married a sister of Emma Reed
                          3. Susan E. Robertson married a Money "

                          Re: James M. Robertson

                          On page 128, chapter on Clay Cemetery, I found: "James M. Robertson
                          Aug. 5, 1858 Nov. 16, 1937" "James M. Robertson married first
                          his cousin, Martha A. Robertson and second her sister, Johnnie Dixie
                          Robertson, daughters of Richard C. and Mary S. Robertson."
                          his wife is listed on page 129: "Marth A. Robertson Wife of James
                          M. Robertson Nov. 9th, 1866 Departed this life Feb. 10th,
                          1894 "She opened her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue was the law
                          of kindness"

                          BTW, their are alot of Robertson/Robinson in this book. They are one
                          of my primary families.

                          In addition, I found on page 166 the following:

                          "1850 Jackson County Census:
                          Francis H. Robinson 47 TN (widow of Peter Robertson)
                          JAMES M. ROBINSON 19 AL
                          Jonas C. Robinson 16 AL
                          John R. Robinson 14 AL
                          Thomas J. Robinson 12 AL
                          Hickman Robinson 10 AL
                          Edward Robinson 8 AL
                          Warning P. Robinson 4 AL"

                          Hope this helps, Cousin!!!

                          Roni Beavers Jensen
                        • Robert Patterson

                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                              Roni: Thanks for the information. These Rodgers are a bit later than the
                              ones I am looking for; however it helps to know that there were some
                              Rodgers, with that spelling, in Jackson Co. I am going to keep this in my
                              files - just in case...I always wondered what was in that book, if anything,
                              and now I know. That's a big help and thanks again. Sharon

                              > The only surnames that I found in your list were Rodgers. Here is
                              > what I found listed in the chapter about Paint Rock Cemetery:
                              >
                              > "RODGERS"
                              > Vivian Odell
                              > Feb.2, 1933 Nov. 6, 1922
                              > Nov. 12, 1980
                              > Married July 2, 1950
                              > "He is just away"
                              >

                              > --Taken from "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw,
                              > Evelyn Smith Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver. Published
                              > 1986. P.8
                              >

                              > Sorry I was not more help.
                              >
                              > Roni Beavers Jensen
                              >

                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • kathy hallman

                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                                  Roni
                                  Do you know if there are any Wallers in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
                                  Maybe Abner Waller Jr and Emily Parker. My GGgrandparents.
                                  Thank you
                                  Chuck Boyd

                                • princessozma
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 9, 2005
                                    Chuck,
                                    In the book I find an Estamae Waller, Fannie Lee Waller, and Josephine
                                    Waller. As to Parker, I find James Paul, Kenneth Lee, and Lily N.
                                    Parker.

                                    If you want any of those transcribed, let me know and I will be glad to
                                    do it.

                                    Roni Beavers Jensen
                                  • zrcb@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 10, 2005
                                      Roni
                                      Thanks a lot for the fast response to my email. I will get back to you I
                                      have to look a little closer at those names.
                                      Chuck

                                    • sromanek
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 11, 2005
                                        Vickie,
                                        Thanks for the offer. Can you please tell me if there are any Kirksey or Dover names in the book. I may ask for more later if you do not mind.

                                        Thanks again,
                                        Sharon Dover Romanek
                                        Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                                        Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

                                        Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

                                        It's 2005... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
                                        I have purchased the book 'Heritage of Jackson County', and would be happy to do look ups. I would have to do it in my spare time so I might be a little slow.

                                        Vickie Hensley

                                        vhensley400@...

                                      • pam kelley
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                                          Romia, Does this book have anything in it abouth
                                          the SHAVERS family in it? THANK YOU Pam Shavers
                                          Kelley

                                          pam have a good day GOD love you

                                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                        • princessozma
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 15, 2005
                                            Pam,

                                            I find an Addie Shaver and a Kelly Shaver. Are these family? If so,
                                            let me know and I will transcribe the info for you. Addie is actually
                                            mentioned in "Paint Rock Pioneers" on 8 pages, both as a contributor
                                            and as subject.

                                            Take care!

                                            Roni Beavers Jensen
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jun 16, 2005
                                              The Guntersville Flooded Cemetery File compiled
                                              by Will Peek from NARA Sources and the Jackson
                                              Co. Mega CemFile compiled by Mark Klan for
                                              ALGENWEB soures is now at the group home site
                                              under LINKS so I will no longer be sending them
                                              unless requested.

                                              There are sections to upload you photos, bible
                                              records and other documents at the group home
                                              site. This is a good way to ensure they are not
                                              lost. I am sure that many of us would like to see
                                              your old photos of ancestors and Jackson County.

                                              Another way is to upload them at your family
                                              surname message board at www.rootsweb.com a free
                                              site. If you want to see any old photos of the
                                              Gullatts and their family bibles they are on the
                                              Gullatt surname message board.

                                              Visit our group home site that Richard Matthews
                                              our group owner maintains and see what is new.

                                              Another matter is, some time ago Richard asked
                                              for opinions on being allowed to add attachments
                                              to messages posted on our group. I would like
                                              comments on that please.

                                              The attachments would be strictly restricted to
                                              things of a genealogical and historical nature
                                              that pertain to Jackson County and it families.
                                              No politics and no religion unless it is of a
                                              historical nature and directly pertains to
                                              someone in Jackson County. The fact that your
                                              ancestor was a minister of a church or your
                                              ancestor held a political office would be of
                                              interest and permitted, what beliefs they held
                                              and the details of their politics would not be.
                                              And certainly nothing about politics or religion
                                              of today, there are other places for that.

                                              Clay Gullatt