Re: [jacksongenealogy] Northeast Alabama connections

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2000
      I don't think I have anything on Hobart Maxwell, but I do have this on
      Lafayette "Fate" Jones. Fate was born Oct 1889 in AL, and died in Feb.
      1922, son of Joseph L. Jones. This is on the 1900 Harmony Pct. 1900 Jackson
      County, AL. HH#47-49. Cannot read the Joseph's wife's name.

      On the 1920 census Princeton PCT #34,
      HH#96-101
      Lafayette Jones 31 AL TN TN
      Bettie 25 AL
      Clyd 5 AL
      Samuel W. 6/12 AL

      This is the family story that has been passed down. Fate Jones killed Dave
      Johnson on 22 Feb 1922 in Madison County, AL. Reason unknown except it
      could have been during a raid on their whisky still being done by the
      Madison County sheriff's dept. or whatever they did back then. Fate Jones
      got away for a while but was finally shot by the deputy. However I do think
      that Dave Johnson's death certificate also says shot by deputy.

      Hope this helps some
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25, 2000
        Felishia,
        Sorry, I can't help you with your Maxwell's.

        My oldest known Maxwell is William G. Maxwell b. 1869 in AL. He
        married A. E. Keith b. 1871 and they had, among others, B. M. Maxwell
        b. 1890 in Dekalb Co., AL.

        Harold
      • Harold Maxwell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2000
          Roger,
          Sorry I can't help with Hobart Maxwell. (See my earlier response to
          Felishia)
          Harold