Land Grants and Deeds

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2005
      My grandmother received a government land grant in 1899 in Jackson Co. through the Land Grant office in Huntsville. I have a copy of that grant, and all of the particulars, township, range, etc. I would like to find out where I would go or who to contact (long distance) to find out what happened to that land upon her death....register of deeds at the courthouse in Scottsboro???? Eventually, I would like to trace ownership until I could discover what is on that land now. Can anyone help me here? Thanks. Sharon