Re: [jacksongenealogy] Shaver/ Nott family

  • lydia flack
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2005
      I am interested in the shaver/Nott family my ggrandma (Rutha Holt Turner ) her father on her death
      record in 1942 said father starkie Shaver. Him and his brother timothy was from cocke co. Tenn . there last name changed to Nott there
      rutha Nott married Charles turner then early 1900s She married my ggfather Dock Isaac Holt they were also born in cocke co tenn.the turners and holt s lived down the road
      from each other( that's how dock and rutha got together ) that's how I got my grand ma Rowe
      Also my grand mother ( Lydia Holt Rowe )Was from fackler , Hollywood and Stevenson
      She said she was a school teacher but when she got married in 1907 A teacher
      couldn't be married.
      Her aunt she was named after Lydia Holt married john Henry Smith
      The Rowe/ Roe family my grandmother married have lived in the Jackson Co
      before the civil war . So I would be like the 5th generation that lived in Jackson co.
      Surnames i am kin to Rowe/Roe turner holt Jones Shaver/Nott
      from Lydia
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2005
        dear lydia i don't know if there is any
        Shaver/Nott Starkie in my family .i have not heard of
        that name but who know. do you know were they lived at
        during that time. they lived in and around round cove
        and shaver town(of which i have been trying to find my
        self). there were 3 brothers who fought in the civil
        war . for the CSA. there vfather name was willis
        c(s)haver . there were around 10/11 children and there
        was not a name of starkie among them. but that does
        not mean any thing though, a lot of time kids had
        nicknames also. do you know what his other name might
        be? thank you pam kelley/shavers
        <cherie12272@...>