Re: [jacksongenealogy] Northeast Alabama connections

  • Roger Swafford
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2000
      Greetings,
      Would you happen to have any info whatsoever on a Hobart Maxwell? Sketchy
      info I have is that Hobart married one Danie (Swafford) Jones b.1888 in
      Jackson Co. She was the widow of Lafayette Jones. Danie is buried LaGrange
      in Troup Co. GA. Seeking any information on descendants of Danie and Hobart.

    • Felishia Carver
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2000
        Harold,
        I'm also researching or should I say "searching" for Maxwell.
        N.E. Alabama
        HANNAH MAXWELL b. appx. 1880 Jackson Co. Al., d. appx 1915 Jackson co. AL
        James Maxwell b. appx 1855 d. appx 1871
        EMERY G. Maxwell b. appx 1827
        ANNIE MILLIGAN b. 1912 Dekalb Co. Al. (my mother-in-law) daughter of HANNAH
        MAXWELL & John D. Milligan
        Felishia
        > Researching the following surnames in northeast Alabama: HATLEY,
        > KEITH, LAYNE, MAXWELL, SCALF, VENABLE, WARREN.
        >
        > Harold

        > Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
        > Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
        > Click to enter.

      • Felishia Carver
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2000
          No, I'm sorry I don't know those names.
          Felishia
          > Would you happen to have any info whatsoever on a Hobart Maxwell? Sketchy
          > info I have is that Hobart married one Danie (Swafford) Jones b.1888 in
          > Jackson Co. She was the widow of Lafayette Jones. Danie is buried LaGrange
          > in Troup Co. GA. Seeking any information on descendants of Danie and
          Hobart.

        • J Casey
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2000
            I don't think I have anything on Hobart Maxwell, but I do have this on
            Lafayette "Fate" Jones. Fate was born Oct 1889 in AL, and died in Feb.
            1922, son of Joseph L. Jones. This is on the 1900 Harmony Pct. 1900 Jackson
            County, AL. HH#47-49. Cannot read the Joseph's wife's name.

            On the 1920 census Princeton PCT #34,
            HH#96-101
            Lafayette Jones 31 AL TN TN
            Bettie 25 AL
            Clyd 5 AL
            Samuel W. 6/12 AL

            This is the family story that has been passed down. Fate Jones killed Dave
            Johnson on 22 Feb 1922 in Madison County, AL. Reason unknown except it
            could have been during a raid on their whisky still being done by the
            Madison County sheriff's dept. or whatever they did back then. Fate Jones
            got away for a while but was finally shot by the deputy. However I do think
            that Dave Johnson's death certificate also says shot by deputy.

            Hope this helps some
            > Would you happen to have any info whatsoever on a Hobart Maxwell? Sketchy
            > info I have is that Hobart married one Danie (Swafford) Jones b.1888 in
            > Jackson Co. She was the widow of Lafayette Jones. Danie is buried LaGrange
            > in Troup Co. GA. Seeking any information on descendants of Danie and
            Hobart.

          • Harold Maxwell
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25, 2000
              Felishia,
              Sorry, I can't help you with your Maxwell's.

              My oldest known Maxwell is William G. Maxwell b. 1869 in AL. He
              married A. E. Keith b. 1871 and they had, among others, B. M. Maxwell
              b. 1890 in Dekalb Co., AL.

              Harold
            • Harold Maxwell
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 25, 2000
                Roger,
                Sorry I can't help with Hobart Maxwell. (See my earlier response to
                Felishia)
                Harold