Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Chadwick/James or related Families

  • Roy Chadwick
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2005
      Thanks Clay,
      I will follow up on the info. I did notice the SS# for Roy Chadwick,and it looks like a KY SS#( 1st 3 #'s)?. I wonder if Al starts with a # 4. I could be wrong,but have been told that each state is different from another?
      My first #'s are 404. Would I have to contact Huntsville for the info?.
      Thanks again. Roy.aka Shadrack.

      clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
      From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

      Roy Chadwick
      SSN 424-44-7627
      Last Residence: Zip 35765 Pisgah, Jackson Co. AL
      Born: 10 Dec 1901
      Died: 1984
      Issued: AL (1952-1953)

      Raymond Chadwick
      SSN 255-20-7964
      Last Residence: Zip 35570, Hamilton, Marion Co.
      AL
      Born: 7 Aug 1905
      Died: Oct 1986
      Issued: GA (before 1951)

      I don't know if this is them, the dates of birth
      match their ages on the 1920, the only ones on
      the SSDI that did. You can order their Social
      Security Card Application Form and it will give
      their parents name and where they and the parents
      were born.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2005
        Roy

        Check with your local SS Office about ordering
        copies their SSN Application Form. Or you can
        print out the below form. I think you need to
        order the SS-5 in order to get all the
        information on them the Numident is an
        abbreviated form I am not sure all that it
        includes. It probably takes 6 to 8 weeks to get
        the copy. The SS-5 is a copy of the original
        appilication.

        Social Security Administration
        Office fo Earnings Operations
        FOIA Workgroup
        300 N. Green Street
        P.O. Box 33022
        Baltimore, Maryland 21290

        Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

        Dear Freedom of Information Officer,

        I am writing this request under the Freedom of
        Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552. I hereby
        request a copy of the SS-5, Application for
        Social Security Card or a corresponding NUMIDENT
        printout (see below) for the following
        individual:

        NAME:
        SSN:
        Birth Date:
        Death Date:

        This individual is deceased, having been listed
        in the Social Security Administration's Death
        Master File. I understand the fee for this
        service is $27 for the copy of the original SS-5
        application OR $16 for copy of an abbreviated
        NUMIDENT printout when the Social Security Number
        is provided. I am requesting a (circle one: SS-5
        copy OR Numident printout). Included is a check
        for $______ made out to the Social Security
        Administration to cover any administrative costs
        required by this request.

        Please respond to my request upon receipt of this
        initial correspondence. Thank you for your
        attention and assistance.

        Sincerely,

        Address:

        Daytime Phone Number: